Official 2019 College Football Thread

Derick

Best Of The Best
It gonna be a massive hire for sure. Books should be open at 5mill/year guaranteed for at least 6 years. Next year gonna suck so we may have a supplement coach b/c of sanctions, but Sterk (ad) isn't going to settle for trash. He inherited Odom so now he gets his hire.

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
It gonna be a massive hire for sure. Books should be open at 5mill/year guaranteed for at least 6 years. Next year gonna suck so we may have a supplement coach b/c of sanctions, but Sterk (ad) isn't going to settle for trash. He inherited Odom so now he gets his hire.
$5M doesn’t mean **** anymore. Even top tier programs struggle to get coaches to move. Not to mention you have Arkansas to compete with. FSU and maybe USC will get the top tier coaches, then Miz/Ark can fight for the next tier.

Derick

Best Of The Best
$5M doesn’t mean **** anymore. Even top tier programs struggle to get coaches to move. Not to mention you have Arkansas to compete with. FSU and maybe USC will get the top tier coaches, then Miz/Ark can fight for the next tier.
ummm. 5 mill is about top ten highest paid and top 5 sec paid. making it guaranteed is a bonus on top of that. dude...???....

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
ummm. 5 mill is about top ten highest paid and top 5 sec paid. making it guaranteed is a bonus on top of that. dude...???....
My point is that schools offer big name coaches $5M and they typically say, Nah, not worth $5M.

Now Miz could wow everyone and pull of a Norvell hire but I doubt it. He can be super picky right now.

Derick

Best Of The Best
Nah swap 1 and 2 but main point is how trash the arky job is. Even with our NCAA sanctions .

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
So the open SEC jobs goes 1. Ole Miss 2. Mizz 3. Arky, right?
Clay Travis tweeted that poll. I would have thought Arky would be 1 since they have the state to themselves and big money backing. But his poll results mimicked yours.

Derick

Best Of The Best
ol buddy of mine on FB wont get off alex grinch's nuts :lol: i get the appeal, but im not biting.

miz alum - ex miz coach -current dc - zero hc exp - pass

thats what we just had :lol: maybe in a few years after he HC's a smaller school, but no first timers. i also flat out just don't want a DC running the team unless our OC makes more money :lol: i remember grinch from his days here, but 9/10 fans won't. only recruits we look at will have heard of him if they are OU fans or were already talked to by OU.

am i being too harsh with a hell no on this guy? i don't think so. "ol buddy" is also a huge know it all so it makes it impossible to listen to. thats why im asking you guys :lol: