Official 2019 College Football Thread

Jeff

Florida Man
Word on the street is that when the CFP expands to more than 4 teams, the Big 12 is committed to adding two more teams to the conference with UCF being one of them.

Jeff

Florida Man
Also Norvell had really won over the fans and players already here in Tally. Good to see everyone happy

Zuplar

Zup
I was really hoping Ohio would stay number one, I think OU has a better chance of beating them. Probably going to get blown out against LSU. What irritates me is how much better our defense is this year, even though they still aren't great, and had we had the offense that we had with either Kyler or Baker, we could probably win it all. It's like every year we are missing something, but at the end of the day it's been good enough to win us 5 straight Big12 titles and several shots at the NC by being in the final 4, so I guess it's hard to complain too much. I'm sure there are tons of programs that would love to be in the position OU has been in lately.

I really think the playoff has to expand to 8, and that would be plenty. Had Wisconsin won we'd probably had a team (in Ohio State) that would have lost their championship game and probably still got in, which is crap. (my guess is they'd have moved down to 4) Conference championships have got to mean something or else why not just eliminate them. Expanding to 8 means you could give all Power 5 conferences automatic births, then have 3 at-large bids. I think that would be fine.

Lastly I'd like the Big12 to expand now. My preference would be UCF and Cincinnati. That would expand the conference into Ohio and Florida for recruiting, (although OU does fairly well in both already due to being a blue blood) Good alternates would be Houston or Memphis, although neither of them bring near as much as the other 2 IMO. I know BYU and Boise have been thrown out, but they just don't seem to fit. Boise is too far the wrong direction, and I know BYU has been an issue in the past do to scheduling.