Official 2019 College Football Thread

GrumpyStang

no
Supporting Member
lol, OU could leave anytime they want. SEC wanted them every single time they were expanding. If OU would have bolted when TAMU did Mizzou would not be in the SEC. They really wanted OU and Texas.

Problem is there is too much conflict of interest. OU and Texas gain the most by keeping the Big12 around. Everyone else wants tied to those 2 schools because they know it would be a much harder sell to another conference to take them if OU/Texas don't come along. Plus legally OSU is tied to OU (something built in by Regents).

So real problem at this point is who would take OU/OSU/Texas. I'm pretty sure SEC is out at this point unless they wanted to kick out some of the shittier schools. Big10 is out due to academic standards OSU couldn't make it. And at this point most don't want Pac12, including me, because scheduling would suck.

OU should have said Tuck Fexas back in the day, told the SEC they'd come, but they had to accept OSU. I bet SEC would have said come on, but that ship has sailed. I feel like best course of action is to hope conferences go by the wayside for the top so many teams and they just morph into an additional upper division.

lol no it's not. that doesn't even remotely make sense

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
That was said a lot during conference realignments but I don’t think it is a legal matter (as in yes, they can split). I remember reading some stuff that someone looked into it and it was false. I would be curious if there was something that was found though.

OU and OSU each have their own regents.

Zuplar

Zup
That was said a lot during conference realignments but I don’t think it is a legal matter (as in yes, they can split). I remember reading some stuff that someone looked into it and it was false. I would be curious if there was something that was found though.

OU and OSU each have their own regents.

This might be the article that you read or was incorporated into something else you read.

https://www.crimsonandcreammachine....homa-and-oklahoma-state-really-a-package-deal

While yes OU and OSU have their own regents, there is another State level regents that I was referring too that cover both. According to this article though that particular set of regents has nothing to do with athletics, so that's a moot point and I'm sure what most people were referring too.

So looks like the only thing that could be done is if the Governor wanted the schools to stay together he could appoint regents that indeed want the schools to stay together.

I will say when local education seminars are put on, especially for business, they are put on by both schools jointly. They have this weird co-branded OU/OSU logo and everything. The schools are more attached at the hip now more than ever. Like mentioned in that article the President of OSU has an OU degree. I'm sure that's not super unusual but there is a lot of cross over and the classes transfer between classes perfectly. My wife graduated from OU with her bachelors, but both her and I got our basics from OSU.

eepp-banner.jpg

Wandler

@nwandler
5-Star QB Brock Vandagriff has decommitted from Oklahoma. He previously told SI he'd decommit from the Sooners if Lincoln Riley left for the NFL. #BoomerSooner

Could Riley be on his way to replace Jason Garrett as head coach of the #DallasCowboys? The Draft Network on Twitter

Gcrop

Grit and Grind
I live in MS and can’t believe the hires.

Those two schools had the most boring coaches last year. 180* now.

I’ll be interested to see how Leach’s quirkiness fits.

Wandler

@nwandler
NDSU true freshman QB became the first player in FCS history to win the FCS version of the Heisman and the freshman of the year award. He didn't throw a single INT all season. Pretty wild for a true freshman.

Also, NDSU vs. James Madison for the FCS title tomorrow morning. James Madison is favored.