Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

**Official 3.7 Cooking Thread**

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Derick, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

All things cooking in here. Last thread sucked. We'll blame it on the OP.

The chili talk got me thinking about whipping some up tonight. Recipe incoming.

2. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

My chili is very basic and outside of kidney beans and ground beef is just spices. So good though...

3. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

I made some killer teriyaki jerky the other day using this stuff:

[​IMG]

Dump that in, 1 cup of OJ, 1 cup of water, 2tbsp brown sugar. Marinate for 24 hours and then dehydrate...

4. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

My measurements are probably a bit off, but I pretty much just buy more than i need, and wing everything i make. anways

2.5lbs ground beef
    2ish lbs beef stew chunks

Brown them bitches up in their own skillets with the proper amount of chili seasoning mix. I use two big ass skillets so i can do all the meat at the same time. It takes a little bit so while they are going.....

8 cans kidney beans. I get a variety of diff types...2x light, 2x dark, etc.
    2-3 big ass cans diced tomatoes
    2 big ass cans tomato paste

Dump all that **** in your pot, and mix it up well. This is point where I add my spice as well. You can do it after the veggies/meat are in, but it's harder to mix well. I will take 2 packets of chili season, and dump it straight in. Then I dump in a whole tube of crushed red pepper, and a whole tube of chili powder. the normal size tubes that are the size of kg's ***** (inch or so wide, and 4 inches long). mix that **** up well.

Next

Green Bell
    Red Bell
    Yellow Bell
    6 jalapenos
    white onion
    garlic - i use 6 cloves

mince the garlic, and slice the other **** up, but keep it chunky. the peppers will turn to mush if you make them too small. i slice the jalapenos into circles. each one ends up being 8 or so pieces. i like to keep these chunks thick, and i throw everything in except the stems (mid part + seeds).

meat should be done now so mix all that crap in your pot. it's going to be really thick. as in not every remotely close to chili consistency. this is when the beer goes in. a single 12 or 16oz can will do the trick. let this bitch simmer for a few hours, and then enjoy. i eat my chlli by dipping wavy lays.

5. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

i need to get back on the jerky wagon. i was pretty disappointed with work making me over cook some of it. my taco batch came out glorious though. i have no motivation to slice that crap. it would appear that i need a really expensive knife, but i might as well get a slicer instead of sinking a bunch of money into one knife.

6. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

You can get a good slicer on amazon for about $80. I wasn't going to be home for the end of my last batch so I just hooked a timer up to the dehydrator so it would shut off when I wanted it to. Worked flawlessly...

7. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

holy **** that is brilliant. will have to buy a timer.

i was trying to find a slicer locally (wal mart/target/kmart/etc) but haven't had any luck. i'll have to do some digging around online.

8. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

Someone needs to make this dip and report back to me, I personally love it.

1lb hamburger
    1 can easy cheese
    1 can tostitos jalapeno cheese dip
    1 small can tomato sauce
    Add some crushed red pepper, coarse pepper, red hot/tabasco, cayenne pepper to your desired hotness.

Brown the hamburger and toss it and all the ingredients in a crock pot until it is warm enough to eat. Get a bag of tostitos chips to eat it with. I like the scoops myself for this dip...

9. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

I bought one locally and kind of regret it. It isn't the greatest of quality and I could have got a more solid one for the same price online, but I had to have it now... :america:

10. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

i have a hard on for wraps nowadays. i make one every morning to bring to work for lunch. the two diff kinds i've been munching on lately are.......

Deli Meat/Veggie
    Biggest ass tortillas you can find. I personally like the green ones.
    I'm a roast beef man, but ham is just as good. I'll get whatever is on sale, but never chicken or turkey :barf:
    Instead of making my own veggies, i buy the premade bag salads. the "just lettuce" ones work too, but i like the ones that have spinach, carrot shreds, etc.
    Cover the entire tortilla with meat. lay it out flat, but cover the dough, and put on a couple layers. Going along the perimeter, make a half circle with your veggies, roll tightly, wrap in foil, eat later.

Steak/just steak
    Take any thin steak. Round/Shoulder is my preference here. Cook it up, slice it up into chunks, and then toss it in a container with steak sauce. I like to go heavy on the sauce so A1 is bit much here. I found that the Heinz 57 works well.
    Thow container in fridge, and make a wrap with it the next day. nuke that bitch for a couple minutes at work the next day, and it's glorious. some shredded cheese sounds like a good addition but i'm not a big dairy fan

11. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

how to boil an egg the right way. i eat 3-4 for breakfast.

18 pack of "large" -

start running the faucet on it's coldest setting. let it run while you place the eggs gently into your pot. cover the eggs + inch of cold water. add a little salt if you want. just a little b/c too much salt will **** up the eggs (boil too fast). turn the burner to it's highest setting. the second the boil is "rolling", start a timer for 1 minute. when the timer goes off, remove them from the burner, and put a lid on them. after 15 mins, pour the water out. drop each egg back in the pot from a few inches above the bottom of the pot. just get them to crack a bit, and then fill the pot with cold. let them set for like 30 mins, drain, and then put them in the fridge,

sometimes i'll get the jumbos, and i let them sit in the covered hot water for 20 minutes. regardless of size, don't let them sit in the hard boil on the burner for more than 60 seconds.

i'll come back later, and post a honey mustard tuna salad recipe i tried out the other day. i use a bunch of hard boiled eggs when i make tuna salad.

12. Holly

Holly it's all in your head

We already have a recipe thread that's a couple pages IRCC. I've said it once and I'll say it again... for the most part, if I ever need a recipe I always use AllRecipes.com and make sure I read all the reviews first.

Edit: And Derick, I think 15 mins. is too long for an egg. I usually do about 12-13 mins.

13. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

what about 18 large-jumbo at the same time?

14. tehnick

tehnick ʞɔıuɥǝʇ

Easy Alfredo sauce.

1 quart heavy whipping cream
    1/2 cube salted butter
    1 cup grated parmesan
    1 cup grated Romano
    4 cloves minced garlic
    2 TB Italian seasoning
    Fresh ground pepper to taste

Cook down cream with butter and garlic for 25-30 minutes. Add spices and pepper, stir in and set temperature to simmer. Slowly stir in grated cheese and let simmer while stirring for an extra 5-10 minutes. You can add an extra half cup of each cheese if desired.

Add to 1lb of cooked preferred pasta and get fat. Feeds 3-4.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

15. TBR

TBR TYVMSAP

My sister in law makes this - Except she swaps the hamburger for sausage.

Try it, it's good.

16. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

:thumbup:

17. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

my moms always used ground sausage in spaghetti sauce instead of hamburger. that was glorious.

18. TBR

TBR TYVMSAP

I was hesitant the first time I tried it. But it works so well. Hamburger sounds better to me, though.

19. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

If you guys want to try some awesome dry rub wings use this recipe:

McCormicks Original Chicken Seasoning
    [​IMG]

McCormicks Celery Salt
    [​IMG]

McCormicks Montreal Chicken Seasoning
    [​IMG]

Lay out thawed wings and cover first in chicken seasoning, completely covering the wings. Do the same next with the celery salt and finally with the montreal chicken. Then throw on the grill...

20. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

:stare:

:stare: :stare:

:fuuu: