**Official 3.7 Cooking Thread**

Ortiz

Sup
**** it, I got a cast iron skiller so I'll use that. How many minutes per side and do I finish it off in the oven?

Derick

Best Of The Best
**** it, I got a cast iron skiller so I'll use that. How many minutes per side and do I finish it off in the oven?
backwards dude. the oven is the best way to cook the meat evenly so that gets the steak up to temp. cast iron is to finish it.

just go cast iron by touch. best thing to do is take it off when its quite not done, wrap it in foil, and come back ten mins later. resting afterwards is probably the most important step.

Ortiz

Sup
backwards dude. the oven is the best way to cook the meat evenly so that gets the steak up to temp. cast iron is to finish it.

just go cast iron by touch. best thing to do is take it off when its quite not done, wrap it in foil, and come back ten mins later. resting afterwards is probably the most important step.
**** it, I've never done it that way but i'll give it a shot.

Derick

Best Of The Best
What temp for the oven, how long, and then I can feel it out on the cast iron skillet. Just need to know the oven **** first.
350 or 400, but if you don't have a thermometer i wouldn't go that route. just cook em on stove top in the cast iron.

Holly

it's all in your head
IMO, the best/easiest way to do an 8 oz. filet is 90 seconds on one side in a super hot cast iron, flip, and immediately stick in a preheated 400 degree oven for 7 minutes. Prep and saute a veggie/garlic dish during that 7 minutes + 5 minute resting time. Dinner done in less than 15 minutes - pretty much the easiest home cooked dinner possible.

If I do cook a steak the entire time on the stove top, I agree with the multiple flip technique method after the initial sear.

Ortiz

Sup
3 title fights tonight!! Imma do what Holley suggested because I saw it on a youtube video as well. **** it. They are 10oz steaks tho but I'll keep it at 7 minutes regardless and go by feel. So excited :D