Official Home Projects Thread

Wandler

@nwandler
Pictures aren’t showing for me. Weird.

I’ve wanted a planer but the frequency with which I would use it has not convinced me to buy one yet.
At work? Imgur blocked?

Yeah, I really want a planer. I just now borrowed one from my uncle to do the top.

Zuplar

Zup
I wish I had your desire to make ****. I have this thing called Shopsmith. It’s an older version but they apparently still make them. Has like every attachment they come with. Maybe someday.

Jeff

Florida Man
Hell yeah you do, those bars are super nice looking.
Thanks man, those white ones are clean and classic. Idk if I've ever posted any of the other bars. People really dig the barnwood style too.

Unfortunately the backyard deck is on hold for a month or so but that'll be the next project

Attachments

Zuplar

Zup
I love building ****. The thought process that goes through the build is almost therapeutic to me.
For me that's part of the hang up. I have the skills, but when it comes to creating something from scratch that creative usually ends up deterring me from beginning. I'm a great finisher because I'm such a detail person, but I'm not the best with a blank canvas.

Derick

Best Of The Best
i used to love woodworking. growing up my grandpa had a huge shop, but there was a family falling out so i never saw him after about 14. high school rolled around and we had a really nice woodshop class. retook it for fun even though i didn't get credit. it's something i could see myself getting into later on in life when i would have space for it.

Jeff

Florida Man
For me that's part of the hang up. I have the skills, but when it comes to creating something from scratch that creative usually ends up deterring me from beginning. I'm a great finisher because I'm such a detail person, but I'm not the best with a blank canvas.
I feel that. I usually always look online for ideas then change them to fit what I need/want

Wandler

@nwandler
I feel that. I usually always look online for ideas then change them to fit what I need/want
This. Get an idea, do some googling and see what comes up. Then do your thing to it. No need to reinvent the wheel in most situations.