Official Video Game thread...

Kuplex

Retired Admin
I think there are way too many riddler trophies and riddles in Arkham City and some of them are just annoying. I think Arkham Asylum was better in that aspect. I still have a few hostages waiting for me to go rescue them at some point. lol
That's the only reason I'm collecting them: to save hostages. If that aspect wasn't there, I would've stopped long ago. I do like that New Game and New Game Plus share trophies/gadgets/etc. Decided to try a NG+ and see how much harder it is.

Deathdeisel

So, with SWTOR, whats up with it? Do you pay like Wow? Or just buy hard copy? Or what? Im a little confused, it looks like fun though. Always liked starwars.

GrumpyStang

no
Supporting Member
It's WoW but like Star Wars with a much more detailed story line and awesome mini games (space battles) and other features.

Orguss

It's SHO Time!
So I started out doing the Empire side but trying to choose evil responses was too difficult for me. I decided to go Jedi Consular. Grumpy, look me up: Orguss

Zero

Muff Cabbage
I'll probably pick it up when I get my inevitable Best Buy gift card for xmas. I'm playing DC Universe Online to sate my MMO addiction in the mean time.

Derick

Best Of The Best
swtor have free trials?

im so bored with wow. i had never played a balance druid until today. switched it up for fun, and am raping dps in the 5mans. took me about 5 mins to master the class, and a couple hours to get the best gear possible without raiding. /sad was hoping for something new to do in the game.

GrumpyStang

no
Supporting Member
I don't think it has any free trials. The game technically comes out next Tuesday but if you "pre-order" it you can start playing as soon as it finishes downloading I think, unless they are still doing the invites to Early Access in waves thing.

Zero

Muff Cabbage
swtor have free trials?

im so bored with wow. i had never played a balance druid until today. switched it up for fun, and am raping dps in the 5mans. took me about 5 mins to master the class, and a couple hours to get the best gear possible without raiding. /sad was hoping for something new to do in the game.
Yea I cancelled my sub shortly after the new patch came out. Mists of Pandaria will be the official death of that game anyway.

Derick

Best Of The Best
Yea I cancelled my sub shortly after the new patch came out. Mists of Pandaria will be the official death of that game anyway.

that it will be. did you do any of the LFR stuff? it is good and bad. bad b/c of the groups you get in. good b/c one only has to run two 5mans (LFRs + BH) to valor cap per week. grinding out the ZA/ZG **** for valor in 4.2 was painful. LFR is bad b/c there is so much competition for loot. on my drood this week (bad enough b/c its a 4 class token), the LFR group i was in consisted of 18 guys all in the same guild. both tanks, and 5/6 healers were theirs. every kill, they just flat out need rolled everything. obviously, they were going to distribute the loot amongst themselves afterwards. right before third boss pull, a raid warning goes out that has some dudes name in it. i check, and its the one healer that wasn't in their guild. 3 seconds later, he is kicked out of the raid. a diff class comes in, and they pull. it was shady as hell. i checked recount, and the guy they kicked was top overall healing, and top heals per second :lol:

through the first 3/4 bosses there wasn't a single piece i could even need roll on so i was just like "meh". on last boss kill, a shoulder token for me, and a caster dps ring dropped. im dual spec'd into two ferals trees. one for bear, and one for kitty. i had never even looked at balance, but since these guys were being dicks..........i need rolled the ring. i also waited until the very last second just to piss them off. they were raging left and right about someone not rolling. i dropped my rolls, won the ring, and won the shoulder token. they went emo as hell. started raging about how im not a caster, and even threatening to open tickets. lol....blizz doesn't care about that ****.

i gave them my patented response of "4 Life" and bounced. my guild (just a bank for me and irl friend) is "nWo". i did open a ticket about them though. that **** was just shady in general so i felt blizz needed to be aware. the first week of 4.3, a bunch of guilds (including high end ones......for ex: Paragon - the best in the world) got 8 day ban hammers for abusing a bug in LFR. they would clear with a group, and then take a bunch of the same guys again. youre only supposed to be able to roll once per boss kill......which was working......but blizz failed to block item trades from a boss if you already had a kill. basically, they ran the place a bunch, and just traded loot to the guys that couldn't roll. blizz was not happy about this.

Zero

Muff Cabbage
I don't think it has any free trials. The game technically comes out next Tuesday but if you "pre-order" it you can start playing as soon as it finishes downloading I think, unless they are still doing the invites to Early Access in waves thing.
Welp...I'm downloading it now.