Official What did YOU just buy?

Zuplar

Zup
Wandler nikko

If I remember right you both have Hot Tubs, or knowledge about them. Curious what brands you recommend. Thinking about getting a small 3 person one for the back patio. Want something easy, probably just 115v so not having to run more electricity. I want something that's going to last and not need repaired or a heater replaced in 3 years.

Zuplar

Zup
We bought a Sundance and it has been great for us. It's bigger though and we had to run 220 for it.
Yeah that was one of the brands I was looking at along with Jacuzzi, Hot Spring, Cal Spas, Caldera, and Nordic. They all seem to be well rated and have similar options. I did notice the Sundance has a 4-5 person, the Marin, that is really close to the size we'd like so that may even be an option. Trying to stay real close to 6 foot for at least one size to conserve walk space.

Wandler

@nwandler
Yeah that was one of the brands I was looking at along with Jacuzzi, Hot Spring, Cal Spas, Caldera, and Nordic. They all seem to be well rated and have similar options. I did notice the Sundance has a 4-5 person, the Marin, that is really close to the size we'd like so that may even be an option. Trying to stay real close to 6 foot for at least one size to conserve walk space.
We have the Optima so it's quite a bit bigger. The Marlin looks nice but we weren't a fan of the lounger but that still looks like it has decent seating around it.

Zuplar

Zup
We have the Optima so it's quite a bit bigger. The Marlin looks nice but we weren't a fan of the lounger but that still looks like it has decent seating around it.
One of the things I do want is the lounger. It's going to be just my wife and I 95% of the time, and the ones we've been in before one of us always used the lounger. That's one thing we really liked about the 3-seaters is it seems pretty common that one is a lounger and the other 2 are on opposing ends. So it appears impossible to find pricing online, what did yours run if you don't mind me asking? I'm just trying to get a feel for price range. I'm not wanting to spend $10k, but at the same time don't mind spending on a decent model that will last us.

Wandler

@nwandler
One of the things I do want is the lounger. It's going to be just my wife and I 95% of the time, and the ones we've been in before one of us always used the lounger. That's one thing we really liked about the 3-seaters is it seems pretty common that one is a lounger and the other 2 are on opposing ends. So it appears impossible to find pricing online, what did yours run if you don't mind me asking? I'm just trying to get a feel for price range. I'm not wanting to spend $10k, but at the same time don't mind spending on a decent model that will last us.
We paid around $12k for ours and that was with delivery and setup. I know it's hard to find pricing online so talking to your dealer is pretty much the only way to go.

Zuplar

Zup
We paid around $12k for ours and that was with delivery and setup. I know it's hard to find pricing online so talking to your dealer is pretty much the only way to go.
Seems like every brand site has the same price/quote form. There are a few dealers close to me, so I guess I'll go in at some point. I'm just really afraid it's going to end up like used car dealings.

nikko

Admin Emeritus
We went with a Hot Spring Vanguard. About the same price as Wandler's all said and done. Very happy with it so far.

Zuplar

Zup
I'm going to go Saturday and look at a couple places where they have multiple brands, then comb through CL to see if there are any good used ones. I'm also under the impression that some of these local companies take trade in's so have used ones as well. Just depends on the price difference in how worth it is to get a used one.

Derick

Best Of The Best
image.jpeg

got my own finally. already have 4 guys trying to buy it off me.lol. luckily i caught the sale withing 15 minutes of being posted and got dibs on it.

Zuplar

Zup
Went tub shopping this weekend, just about as terrible as I expected honestly. Only one place that really didn't try to beat us up, so they are probably going to get our business. They happened to be the Hot Springs dealer as well, so I think that's the route we are probably going to go. They got some sales going on, so I think the wife and I are going to go back sometime this week and price with options, and if everything is in order, make the purchase.

Next thing I want to invest in is some outdoor speakers that could be hooked up to my TV and my phone for streaming music. Then after that my patio will be pretty well set for the time being.

babz

If specified
Tires, both dailys need tires and Firestone is discontinuing their one line of summer tires so I am getting them way discounted. The WRX has some Pope Boys Chinese specials and my wife's car has some worn out Kuhmos.

nikko

Admin Emeritus
Went tub shopping this weekend, just about as terrible as I expected honestly. Only one place that really didn't try to beat us up, so they are probably going to get our business. They happened to be the Hot Springs dealer as well, so I think that's the route we are probably going to go. They got some sales going on, so I think the wife and I are going to go back sometime this week and price with options, and if everything is in order, make the purchase.

Next thing I want to invest in is some outdoor speakers that could be hooked up to my TV and my phone for streaming music. Then after that my patio will be pretty well set for the time being.
We went with the Vanguard plus the ACE saltwater system, liking it so far.

Zuplar

Zup
We went with the Vanguard plus the ACE saltwater system, liking it so far.
I'm cheap so I ended up going with the Relay from their Hot Spot line up. They were running a sale for Fair season so I got money off as well as cover lifter, stairs, ozonanator, 24hr circ pump, sub panel, and startup chemicals. All said and done $6000, which is about what I was looking to spend. Seems like a good mid level spa from what I read. Ended up doing bigger and more expensive than what I thought I wanted, but that's usually how it goes. Will be here next Wednesday, I'm pretty excited.

Tub below is what we got, but with the Tuscan shell below it. Looks funky online, but in person with water looks a lot fancier than the white, and my wife didn't want white, so since she was letting me have a tub figured she can pick the colors.

Hot-Spring-Hot-Spot-2015-Relay-Pearl-Espresso-HighAngle.jpg

600x596-hotspot-tempo-tuscan-top-e1442014348813.png

nikko

Admin Emeritus
Our friends have the Rhythm, same tub but no lounger. You'll love it.

My wife wanted the white shell because it "looks better with the lights". So that's what we did. It's kinda troublesome to keep clean, shows even slight water discoloration and gets a ring around the water line sometimes... probably would have gone with something darker if I could do it over again.

But it does look good with the lights on.

Zuplar

Zup

My wife wanted the white shell because it "looks better with the lights". So that's what we did. It's kinda troublesome to keep clean, shows even slight water discoloration and gets a ring around the water line sometimes... probably would have gone with something darker if I could do it over again.

Yeah they were saying the Relay and Rhythm were their 2 best sellers. Funny you mention the thing about the lights, cause someone was telling me the lights look better with the dark tub. IMO the lights and waterfall are cool, but just not that big of a deal to me. I liked the idea of the darker color for the same reason you mentioned of being easier to clean, and the models they showed the water spots were a lot less noticeable, which was something they pointed out. They also had a tub option that had a texture, and while that showed almost no spots, I just felt like the smooth tubs looked higher end. We had a nice pergola built last winter, so I really wanted with something that kind of fit that realm. I have a feeling I'm going to be using it a bunch this winter, especially now that I got a TV out there. Just got to do audio next. Just not sure best way to have bluetooth and TV connectivity without spending a ton of money.

Wandler

@nwandler

We also went with white:

This is our tub and we had the ring issue for a while but it seems to have gone away and is no longer an issue.