Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Official What did YOU just buy?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Wandler, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

vacation #1

Generations Riviera Maya - Family Resort | Karisma Hotels

in july we're taking the family there for 5 nights. vaca #2 might be a orlando/disney trip, but just me and the wifey. same convention i went to in vegas a year ago, but spring ones are at a disney resort. good deal b/c company covers all my stuff so wife just has to buy her flight. that's the last week of march i believe. i put my name in the hat to go, but since i did the same thing last year some of the programmers might go instead of me.

Wandler likes this.
  2. Jeff

Jeff Custom Title:

Peach Bowl ticket

Gcrop and Wandler like this.
  3. Gcrop

Gcrop Grit and Grind

Disney cruise next October.

Lucky for my wife I gave the ok before I saw the price. I already don’t want to go on a cruise but for the price, don’t think we will go on a Disney cruise again. I can spend 2 weeks at WDW for the same price.

4. Holly

Holly it's all in your head

What's the point in going to Disney without kids?

Jeff likes this.
  5. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

i don't think i'll ever go on a cruise. maybe once to try it out, but it just seems miserable.

at their age, they'd rather go to mexico this year. one is 12 in a month and another is 18 in june. not really "kids" anymore. :lol: plus it's work for me. couple days of convention crap and a few days of training. kids also just went to disney a couple years ago.

6. Gcrop

Gcrop Grit and Grind

100 times less stressful. Though it is likely less stressful with kids that are Dur’s boys’ age. Wife and I have been twice I think without kids. Once so she could run a Disney marathon and this past March just because I had a few days of vacation to burn.

7. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

glad i didn't wait til this morning. bought this as i was tucking myself into bed last ngiht....

The Complete Far Side Collection (Paperback Edition) $35 + Free Shipping

been buying other random crap lately too. never had a multimeter so got a deal on one of those. also snagged this when it was $13 the other day...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CETNKE2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this is the multimeter i got for 5 bucks...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DUH9VT0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

8. Gcrop

Gcrop Grit and Grind

I am 100% with you. This will be my first cruise and I would have been ok never going on a cruise.

Jeff, Derick and Wandler like this.
  9. Gcrop

Gcrop Grit and Grind

10. Holly

But... Disney is for kids, right? I've never been so I don't really know, but adults going to Disney without kids doesn't really make sense to me.

I'm also team no cruise. I thankfully talked my mom and sister into going to Punta Cana instead of a cruise in April.

Jeff likes this.
  11. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

it's more like being at disney than in disney. the place is huge and its a massive IT convention at one of the resorts. just like conventions at other event centers. the one i went to last year was at the mgm grand in vegas.

if the kids did go, we might do one day at the parks but that's it. would end up more likely being just the wife and kids chilling at the hotel or cruising around orlando. universal studios would be more likely than the disney parks.

i think the 12 year old would enjoy some stuff, but not the big kdi. it would be his spring break so i'm sure he'd rather stay home. adults only wise though..........we would have a blast at epcot. that part of our family trip got cut short b/c the kids got bored and it was our last day at the parks. epcot has a more adult feel to it b/c it's got more food/drinks and less rides. when i was there i felt like it would be a good place to take a date.

12. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

i work with an older guy that swears cruises are the best. he's never been on an alaskan cruise though. i think i would enjoy that more for a cruise b/c if im going somewhere hot i'd rather plop my ass down on the beach and chill all day.

13. Gcrop

Gcrop Grit and Grind

I grew up in south Florida (age 6-14) and we went a LOT. So I do have a lot of great memories there and know the parks inside and out. To me, it’s a lot more than a Dumbo ride but I can see how people that have never been or went once a long time ago don’t understand my angle. Now a lot of my enjoyment comes from seeing my kids experience the same rides/shows/restaraunts that I grew up doing. I also think most people don’t understand the size of WDW.

Wife and I spent 2 days at Disney and 1 day at Universal Studios this past March. The Dueling Dragons and Hulk were really fun but most of their rides are just 3D screens with motion. Feels kind of cheap. But that’s just me. And I also haven’t watched any of the Harry Potter stuff so that didn’t mean much to me but the village was pretty cool. Wife enjoyed the HP stuff much more than me.

14. Gcrop

Gcrop Grit and Grind

Beach is boring as hell to me. If I wanted to lay out in the heat by some water, I can do that in my backyard. Now if we are snorkeling or actually doing something, I’m good with that. But just laying/sitting on the beach, I’m out.

15. Holly

I've been there. It was pretty cool. That's when I met Jeff, too! And the last time I ever saw Jason. :(

Same here. My skin can't handle it anyway.

Jeff likes this.
  16. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

my wife can't either. she burns no matter what and cannot tan. we stay in the shade except for the occasional dip into the water. i like just relaxing/napping on teh beach.

17. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

Laying on the beach drinking some Modelo is amazing. I think we're going late January or early Feb. Kinda want to go back to Cabo.

18. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

19. PurpleStang

PurpleStang DON'T PANIC

I think an Alaskan cruise might be cool. Otherwise, I just want to get to wherever I'm going to explore. I'm not a 'relax and do nothing on a vacation' kind of person.

Holly and Jeff like this.
  20. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

i think alot of cruises are about exploration..........kinda i guess. he said it was a different port/city every day instead of being stuck on a boat the whole trip. sounds like hell to me b/c i am a sit on my ass and doing nothing while on vacation kind of person :lol: