Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

oh the decisions (:

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by elawn92, Mar 21, 2017.

1. elawn92

elawn92 Member

just picked up this gorgeous gal last week, 2011premium, 40k miles for 13k$ :) i am trying to figure out what mods i should do first, or if i should save my money and just go supercharger from the jump in a year or so, or just save money in general to rip the engine and throw a big block further down the line any feed back would help

2. elawn92

elawn92 Member

3. elawn92

elawn92 Member

any feed back?

gabriel d likes this.
  4. gabriel d

gabriel d New Member

My list of mods on my 2012 manual:

K+N Cold Air Intake (Typhoon)
    Magnaflow Axle Backs
    SR Strut Tower Brace
    LED Headlight bulbs (stock non-hid housing)
    JLT Catch Can
    Axiom Tail Light Sequencer
    Going to do rear shock tower brace eventually, and prob throw a kicker sub / amp in the back eventually.

My sig here has a tunnel vid of what the mustang sounds like. Here's another:

It aint fast as a GT by any means, but sounds nice, pops, burbles, etc under accel / decel. Faster than most randoms that try to red light race ya.

If I was going to do those in order of importance, I would start with LED headlight bulbs, because **** not being able to see. Then the catch can, saved my engine from pretty bad valve tick. Then exhaust, the intake is meh, exhaust is so loud you can barely hear it anyways.

Then everything else.

5. elawn92

elawn92 Member

yea i agree 100percent with the lights, and thanks for the input on the catch can, cars got 40kmiles so it wouldnt be a bad idea, previous owner put on all the appearance mods including sequencer, so i can focus more on perfomance, i got 2 subs laying around i plan on putting in eventually, my friends stock hyundai genesis made my car look embaressingly slow the other night so i wana give it more oomph haha

gabriel d likes this.
  6. elawn92

elawn92 Member

its ashame there isnt more aftermarket parts available for more serious tuners, this engine has so much potential

gabriel d likes this.
  7. gabriel d

gabriel d New Member

Getting a tune gets you more bang than anything else save forced induction, in terms of cheaper options anyways.

I have 4 year bumper to bumper so no tune for me.

8. elawn92

elawn92 Member

just got my led lights and exhaust :) goin on tomorow

gabriel d likes this.