Oil pan question

JpL4K3

Yeah thanks, Im sure it will be fine as long as I dont have to put up with the same clowns and their comments like on the other site.

Everyone is pretty chill here, make a thread in the meet and greet section and post some pics of the mustang.

V6procharged

glad you joined bud. like i said on 3.7, i thought the 99-00 were different than the 01-04 but it may just be the oil pickup, dip stick tube and dip stick.

davidcseifert

that V6 guy
it's been said for a 4.2 swap you have to have a 01-04 oil pan, i personally don't know the difference but it's been around a lot that the newer ones are different

toph6888

When I go to my car this weekend I can check to see if there are any differences. I took a 2000 pan off my car when the engine came out. I plan on putting an 03 in bc it can with my turbo kit and has the turbo drain fitting welded on. Ill post up pics Saturday or sunday

toph6888

Well I took some pics of my 03 oil pan that will be going on my car (turbo dump welded on it) vs the 2000 pan I pulled off of my original pan. As you can see they are a little different.

03 on left, 00 on right (notice the hump in the back of the pan, also notice the slight indentations coming up the radius of the pan)
549234_10100615770198772_2080920232_n.jpg

V6procharged

yah, thought they were different. im pretty sure the 99-00 will not clear the main girdle/studs of the 01-04 and possibly not the oil pickup.

Last edited by a moderator: