Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

*oogles @ shiney pipes*

Discussion in 'Photoshoots' started by layz, May 24, 2008.

1. layz

layz New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LOL i was too lazy to take everything else out of the boxes:

jba ceramic short tubes
    2 pypes high flow cats
    pypes x pipe
    pypes violator cat backs

pops is out of town for the weekend. ill drop some exhaust clips once i have everything on. =D

*cant wait*

2. MEstang95

MEstang95 2009 Stanley Cups Champs!

just wondering why you bought shorties? they don't give any more hp over stock ones.

3. layz

layz New Member

oh, i know that. trust me, with all of you LT guys (and gals) running around here, i'm well aware of it. lol

i bought them because i recall a number of people, including matt, saying that they will hit things, and the roads down here arent exactly perfect. there are pot holes and speed bumps everywhere. maybe if i lived in like... europe? lol
    also, from what i understand, if u go with MAC LT's, you generally go with the MAC LT offroad h pipe because thats like the only bolt on option you have for that set up. i have a couple problems with that. not only did i want to run an X pipe, but i also wanted to run something with cats (once i started looking up exhaust clips on the net, i liked the catted ones a bit more) and i don't feel like going in afterwards to add cats to an offroad midpipe. Also, installation for short tubes are supposed to be a lot easier.

so, i bought shorties because:
    they're easier to install
    i wanted an X pipe
    i wanted cats
    south fl has terrible roads.

i think its well justified. maybe when i get the other mustang running, ill put LTs on that one since thats not really my everyday driver.

(btw, rpmoutlet gave me a $50 discount (lol) because i complained about all my other packages, and another website charged me for steel finished jbas, but sent ceramic ones because thats all they had - they didnt charge me the difference because of the "inconvenience" - roughly a $200 difference in price though haha).

also, to what you said about HP gain... even if i don't gain anything from the shorties, i would actually just feel a lot better knowing that i at least *changed* the headers. kinda like starting it off clean again? i know thats kind of strange, but bare with me. D= either way, the only thing i was out to accomplish with this was to get rid of the y mids, and turn it into an X... so i guess u can say i spent $1100 to put on an X pipe. strange? yes. LOLOL

4. MEstang95

makes sense, i spent a lot on my exhaust as well... :cry:

that's cool you got ceramic coated for the price of steel! i paid for ceramic coated equal length headers, so i know how much they can be...

5. Wendy

Wendy Hi Guys!

I see your point. I find it strange that there is one option, the mac h, to go on the long tubes. That was a great deal on the ceramic coated for the price of the plain steel. But for the record, there is no problem putting cats on with the long tubes.

I agree with MEStang, exhaust can be very expensive. I don't even want to think about it.

6. MEstang95

exactly, check out the difference between catted and non-catted mid pipes...

my system was probably $1500-$1800

7. layz

layz New Member

yeah im probably gonna spend like another $250 on another set of mufflers to try to get rid of some of the raspiness now.

why the hell does exhaust have to be so expensive? they're good, but jeeze, i could of bought my stroker kit with this money already. -_-

8. guitarest

guitarest Active Member

Between a good exhaust system and a good intake that's where you actually get some of the cheapest and best gains in HP. On my Camaro (I know Mustang boards) when I added the K&N Filpk and the Long tube headers and the upgraded exhaust it sounded oh so different and you actually felt the difference.... I will be putting a K&N on mine and also swapping out the exhaust.

9. layz

layz New Member

the difference after putting on my underdrive pulleys was AMAZING also. i think that between the intake, exhaust, and UDP, i gained/restored 25 hp maybe. feels really good.

i think to fully feel and utilize an intake and exhaust though, the car needs to be properly tuned, which is what i'm doing next. sometime next week i will be ordering my SCT livewire and FRP aluminum driveshaft. it WILL be epic. i may take it out to the track with my dad and crush some n/a rice burners (and even some of the boosted ones). :p