Pictures of vortech installed

V6RoushVert

Roush and Roll
LSUcheer said:
Can you guys post up some pics. Also fo rthe 99 and up guys where did you put your iat sensor?

I was gonna say....."Dayum".......you got that in fast but I see now. The IAT sensor should go in the tube before the throttle body. There is a place for it already drilled.

jon :thumbup:

KTBug

- Kris -
LSUcheer said:
where did you put your iat sensor?
You don't have to mount the IAT sensor anywhere! You can just put it somewhere secure (so it doesn't flop around) and plug the hole in the intake tube.

whipster24

I bent my wookie
well, since you asked so nicely :cool:

tomzac

232 or 330
whipster24 said:
well, since you asked so nicely

Nice, is the v8 setup the same as a v6? If not, does this help? :uhh:

Oh, may be he has an 8, I don't know.

edit: Silly noob 8 owner, he has a v6. So your post is worthless. :lol:

MaestroSC

willdabeast21 said:
cant someone fab tubing for the aftercooler to work on a 6?
Nope...not near enough room. The aftercooler's length is as long as or longer than the discharge length from the blower to the intake. I researched it back when I had a vortech.

MaestroSC

tomzac said:
Nice, is the v8 setup the same as a v6? If not, does this help? :uhh:

Oh, may be he has an 8, I don't know.
Pictures were the 8. He's just showing off :D

LSU has a six.

whipster24

I bent my wookie
You didn't specify, just asked for vortech pictures :p

and yes I'm showing off, no I'm not a noob.

the ait sensor is in the elbow after the MAF for me, I got a custom elbow and punched a 3/8" hole in there for the sensor

Gh0st

Drivin a white pony
Hey, new guy here...

got a few questions. ran into some money, and looking at adding a Vortech V-1 supercharger kit to the V6 (its a 98)...

what type of injectors are the stock injectors? I am unclear if new ones come with the kit. Assume I dont install the kit, will simply increasing the injectors help performance and fuel economy? what size is the stock MAF diameter? should this be increased also? Will roller rockers really improve the HP +10?<-- I kinda doubt it. lastly, there is a T-Lock bolt on (I think), for a 7.3 end. if I purchase this, do I also need the friction modifier? http://www.speedconcepts.net/product_info.php?products_id=400

Gh0st

MaestroSC

Gh0st said:
Hey, new guy here...

got a few questions. ran into some money, and looking at adding a Vortech V-1 supercharger kit to the V6 (its a 98)...

what type of injectors are the stock injectors? I am unclear if new ones come with the kit. Assume I dont install the kit, will simply increasing the injectors help performance and fuel economy? what size is the stock MAF diameter? should this be increased also? Will roller rockers really improve the HP +10?<-- I kinda doubt it. lastly, there is a T-Lock bolt on (I think), for a 7.3 end. if I purchase this, do I also need the friction modifier? http://www.speedconcepts.net/product_info.php?products_id=400

Gh0st

*94-98 have 14# injectors
*99-04 have 21# injectors
*stock maf is 70mm (I believe-correct me if wrong). Physical size isn't important, it's the voltage range on the MAF. Go with an 80mm lightning MAF. It's a ford part and easy to work with for tuners.
*roller rockers is debatable. I've never seen dyno data to give you an accurate answer
*Most people pay to have a t-lok put in because they get gears at the same time. Gears aren't something you want to tackle on your own. You will want friction modifier.
*Read the sticky above for great information on supercharging.

Welcome to the site. :cool:

Gh0st

Drivin a white pony
MaestroSC said:
*94-98 have 14# injectors
*99-04 have 21# injectors
*stock maf is 70mm (I believe-correct me if wrong). Physical size isn't important, it's the voltage range on the MAF. Go with an 80mm lightning MAF. It's a ford part and easy to work with for tuners.
*roller rockers is debatable. I've never seen dyno data to give you an accurate answer
*Most people pay to have a t-lok put in because they get gears at the same time. Gears aren't something you want to tackle on your own. You will want friction modifier.
*Read the sticky above for great information on supercharging.

Welcome to the site. :cool:

thanks.. much appreciated.

ray1

LSUcheer said:
Can you guys post up some pics. Also fo rthe 99 and up guys where did you put your iat sensor?

Here ya Go! :thumbup:

Attachments

• IATgraph.jpg
    IATgraph.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 85

99stangz

here ya go the last 2 pics of the IAT

Attachments

• DSCN0053.JPG
    DSCN0053.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCN0054.JPG