Planning a build

elawn92

Hey guys have a 2011 3.7 automatic, I have bama tune, BBK cold air intake, borla attak catback, oil separator so far
I want to get BBK long tube headers and o/r x pipe, but gotta wait to find someone that will pass my car emissions cuz I live in Philadelphia, i was also going to do 73 mm throttle body at the same time as the exhaust so instead I was thinking about doing the gears but idk if I should get 3.73 or 4.10, does anyone know how much to get them installed also? And after the gears I was possibly thinking of maybe upgrading the torque converter I think it cost like 1200 or something but I hear it improves track times by like .3 or .4... later down the line I want to get the procharger but I'm thinking baby steps for now, also I was trying to decide wheel and tire size but im not too familiar with them so any feed back on wheel and tire sizes will help me drastically, let me know what you guys think of the build list so far and anything I should add too it!

David Young

5th Mustang
'If' a ProCharger was being sold when I got my 2011(May 2010), that would have been the only mod I would have done. I had the factory option 3.31 rear gear ratio and 'would not' have gone to my 3.73 gears or my long tube headers or my cai.

elawn92

I would love to have it now but the cost is too steep at the moment, I only have 2.73 gears so I feel like getting the 3.73 would be best model for the money right now, the other stuff is just minor upgrades honestly, maybe I'll just take out a fat loan hmmm

BullDiggity

First off,if you still have the stock driveshaft I would upgrade to a aluminium one piece. It's a pricey upgrade,but if your driveshaft fails its gonna cause a lot of damage under your car. Plus it's gonna be a must if you plan to go procharged or even change gears down the road. Second, do yourself a favor and switch to a MPT tune with trans tuning. It's leaps and bounds better than Bama. The TB is a waste of money,if you want to go bigger find a shop that will port it for you. Its only like 150 instead of 400. I still don't think there is that much gain there. Get yourself a set of ported upper and lower intake manifolds. They're proven 10-20 HP gains with a tune. Gears 3.55 or 3.73 would be good from your 2.73. Installation all depends on area. It could be from 350-650,call around. Just make sure you pick a reputable shop. Torque converters definitely make a big difference. They do run about 1200 then you need it installed. Not really sure the cost on that,Ive always drove manuals,but I can imagine its another 3-600. Wheels and tires are ultimately depend on your end goal. Drag,road course,just a daily etc. Most 20s are heavy. 19s there's not a lot of tire options. 18s are a good pick,plenty of tire options and not very heavy depending on the wheel. Drag set up 17 x 4 up front and 15 x 8 out back. I would also add some suspension to your build. Upper and lower rear control arms will help with your launch and wheel hop. Lowering springs as well,they're not just for looks. Helps out the handling and launch of the car as well. Hope some of this helps. Good luck! Once you pop,you just can't stop! Lol

elawn92

Yeah that drive shaft is important just so expensive smh, I actually decided to go with the 4.10 gears they are on the way, hope it's not too much oomph from take off, debating doing a better LOK to hold the gears also but idk if that would be worth the money, and as for the manifolds supersixmotorsports are the only ones I found that do them for 3.7. As for tires I might do 18s with staggered 9 and 10, 245 and 275, how often would you need to replace the tire from wear since you can't rotate them? And I'm deff doing the converter for sure,

elawn92

First off,if you still have the stock driveshaft I would upgrade to a aluminium one piece. It's a pricey upgrade,but if your driveshaft fails its gonna cause a lot of damage under your car. Plus it's gonna be a must if you plan to go procharged or even change gears down the road. Second, do yourself a favor and switch to a MPT tune with trans tuning. It's leaps and bounds better than Bama. The TB is a waste of money,if you want to go bigger find a shop that will port it for you. Its only like 150 instead of 400. I still don't think there is that much gain there. Get yourself a set of ported upper and lower intake manifolds. They're proven 10-20 HP gains with a tune. Gears 3.55 or 3.73 would be good from your 2.73. Installation all depends on area. It could be from 350-650,call around. Just make sure you pick a reputable shop. Torque converters definitely make a big difference. They do run about 1200 then you need it installed. Not really sure the cost on that,Ive always drove manuals,but I can imagine its another 3-600. Wheels and tires are ultimately depend on your end goal. Drag,road course,just a daily etc. Most 20s are heavy. 19s there's not a lot of tire options. 18s are a good pick,plenty of tire options and not very heavy depending on the wheel. Drag set up 17 x 4 up front and 15 x 8 out back. I would also add some suspension to your build. Upper and lower rear control arms will help with your launch and wheel hop. Lowering springs as well,they're not just for looks. Helps out the handling and launch of the car as well. Hope some of this helps. Good luck! Once you pop,you just can't stop! Lol
Thanks for the response :)