Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Political Chat. What did Trump tweet today?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Wandler, May 31, 2017.

1. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

Deputy was afraid of what was going on but teachers are supposed to hunt a killer, with a likely much less powerful weapon. Ok.

Gcrop likes this.
  2. Gcrop

Gcrop Grit and Grind

While that’s pathetic that he didn’t go in, how long was Cruz firing? On large campuses, not even sure an officer could cross campus if he wasn’t close when it started. Would have helped I’m sure though.

Arming teachers is just stupid. They are already way underpaid.

3. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

enrollment of 3150 so pretty good size school. we have 3 in town here that are 2-2.5k each.

douglas was about the size of mine. we had to have freshmen on a completely diff campus though so prob low 2s on the soph through senior campus. it was pretty freakin big size/area wise. looks about the size of douglas...

Google Maps

that lot is corner to corner 1900 feet.

4. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

holy **** cruz had 800k inheritance coming his way.

5. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

:stare: Truly a psychopath.

6. Jeff

Jeff Custom Title:

I believe it lasted only 6 minutes. He was outside for 4 of them from what I've see

7. Jeff

Jeff Custom Title:

So I think we all tend to go towards extremes at first when we hear or talk about "arming teachers".

What if a teacher already had a concealed license and decided to take more courses to train for an active shooter event. Would you be comfortable if that teacher had a firearm locked in their classroom?

8. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

courses better be serious business. my ccw "course" was stupid. that guy taught other gun defense classes, and was a fat ass slob. only thing saving him in a gut fight was his blubber.

9. Jeff

Jeff Custom Title:

I agree completely. My class was the same way. Classroom easy bs then we all shot a little 22 revolver or something one time and that's it

10. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

we got to bring our own guns. i brought my 6" barrel 22 pistol with a scope on it. dead eye derick :lol:

11. Gcrop

Gcrop Grit and Grind

Nope.

1) Teachers are already severely underpaid and under appreciated. Putting that on them too seems unfair.

2) You would have multiple teachers theoretically firing at a target with who knows how much crossfire and kids (not just HS kids) running in every direction.

3) Now you introduce guns into an otherwise gun free zone. I know gun free zones are a joke and make for an easy target but now you’re going to have guns hanging on hips of teachers? Just asking for something to happen and go wrong there.

12. Zuplar

Zuplar Unregistered User

When it comes right down to it I think you’re right on all of this. It’s asking a lot from some of the hardest working, underpaid people in our society. We can’t put this on teachers too.

13. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

I didn't even have to touch a gun to get my concealed permit. Seriously.

I let it lapse years ago so I don't have one but my state just passed a law saying anyone can conseal at anytime.

Jeff likes this.
  14. Jeff

Jeff Custom Title:

God dammit Gif. Did you even read my post or did your eyes glaze over and your ears start ringing after seeing the words teacher and gun?

1) This would be totally voluntary. Ideally the federal government would cover cost of training.

2) there you go assuming the worst. This is why they have training. You don't shoot when your friend is on the other side of your target... Most likely the students would do their active shooter drill as usual except the teacher could shoot back if the shooter tried to get in their room.

We don't have to say hey teacher go try and kill this guy. But we could allow them to have a tool to use in an absolute emergency to fight back.

3) technically it wasn't a gun free zone since there was an armed officer on campus, and I said they would be locked up. Theoretically the students wouldn't even know about it being in the classroom.

I get it though. I get the fear, especially in POC that a teacher could go off and say a student was threatening them and shoot them. It's a definite possibility.

Also in Florida, like 6 percent if the population has a concealed permit. We're talking like 1 or 2 teachers per school

15. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

You'll never convince me arming teachers is a solution.

Gcrop likes this.
  16. Jeff

Jeff Custom Title:

There is a larger problem for sure. I think of it as wearing a seat belt. It doesn't lower the number of car crashes but it lowers the number of deaths and injuries.

17. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

i wonder what the stats are on shootings public vs private schools. gotta throw out the inner city ghetto public schools though b/c black people don't do these things :lol:

Jeff likes this.
  18. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

One person gets a pistol, the other an AR. Who wins that battle 90% of the time? It's really not a fair fight.

19. Jeff

Jeff Custom Title:

Like I said, I'm not telling teachers to go hunt this guy down. But if I'm a teacher and all my students are huddled in the corner and I'm in front of them behind a desk or some ****. I wouldn't mind having a pistol in my hand just in case this lunatic busts in my classroom.

Think of it from the Looney's perspective. If your going in a room and start getting shot at, you ain't staying in that room.

Unarmed vs AR. Unarmed loses 100% of the time...

Wandler likes this.
  20. Jeff

Jeff Custom Title:

I would guess that private schools would typically have stricter access? Idk tho. I was public all the way