POLL: Is a person born gay or do they choose to be gay?

Gayness by birth or by choice?

• Total voters

Dennis1417

Somehow this topic came up at work and it started about 20 different arguements.

So, do you believe a homosexual is born gay or they choose to be gay?

rob3980

Uh....... we should prolly stay off this subject incase there is gay people on this site. Just my opinion tho

idioteque

Pine away for your banner years.
It is not a choice. If you think it is, that is not your opinion, it is being willfully ignorant.

Holly

it's all in your head
Why would anyone choose to be ridiculed and hated.

Because it's the new fad. Seriously.. gets people the attention they so desperately seek.

To answer the OP, I think those that are truly gay are born that way. The others are just skewed because they've been scarred in some way by the opposite sex.

Adamd

Sweet!
I am not 100% sure...

I guess I will wait until they prove that you are born gay, but until then I will pick choose to be.

I don't really hate gays. They don't bother me so it's typically not a problem.

Dennis1417

To answer the OP, I think those that are truly gay are born that way. The others are just skewed because they've been scarred in some way by the opposite sex.
That is EXACTLY what I think. The true gays are born like that, but alot of people who have been in abusive relationships or have had broken families can turn gay IMO.

LoneWolf1933

GO GATORS!
I'm not sure on this. Some kids right off the bat you can tell they were born gay. Others later on in life, I think, choose to be gay.

sgramer

Big LoZer
From what I have been told being gay is more about relationship fulfillment on a companionship level and not sex. That would mean through out a person's life they have learned the other sex can not/will not fulfill their needs a companion, and companionship.
That would mean it was a choice that is made, all be it somewhat forced by ones self.

Adamd

Sweet!
Looks like they are saying most people are born gay, but it is possible to become gay.

Guess it really doesn't bother me since I am not gay nor anyone I know!