Posting  ( off site from "locking threads")

• Thread starter MilleniumMustang
  • Start date
M

MilleniumMustang

In the "Locking Thread" site i noticed a few people were getting annoyed about people replying "lol" or something completely off key just to get more posts, I have been on the board since I got my stang back in march-april 2001. And I agree completely that this is annoying, there should be a way to edit content and/or just delete threads so they dont count when someone just types one word.  I have about 70 posts at the moment, but if you go and look mostly All OF MY POSTS are long paragraphs, because I like to help people by giving a through answer, especially if I know something specifically on the subject.  Well maybe this just a Rant, but I hope someone agrees with me.   Also I was wondering what it takes to be a Moderator, because I enjoy this site and want to be a better part of it. -JZ

98TXSilverStang

There is a way.  If we delete sombodys post it takes it away from there post count.

E

extremestang

1. Eddie is right with those words.
2. The post count doesnt mean squat, some of us have been here a long while, and some are still yet to come. Just cuz someone has a billion posts, doesnt make them god to the board. I know of three people on this site that have five or six posts and seem pretty knowlegable, should we call them newbies? No way, its not a popularity contest here, we dont rate our members. So dont worry about it, just enjoy helping others and we know who is who around here, sometimes i myself use a one liner just to get the point accross.
3. Talk to Sean about being a moderator, although we have enough right now.
4. You are already a better part of it, youre here right?
5. Remember, read the content, not the posts, thats what matters. Take it easy John. 8)

H

Hell_Razor

I noticed a certain persons # of posts dropped about 70+ after that argument in the other thread. Hopefully this will clue them in to make thier posts at least somewhat relevant....or at the very least somewhat humorous