Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Project New beginning

Discussion in 'Personal Projects and Builds' started by 38stang, Jul 17, 2013.

1. JTsStang

JTsStang Boosted V6

Sub frames aren't going to help it. My setup did a 1.29 60' last Sunday and I have no sub frames. My setup is strange 10 way shocks/struts, team z poly uppers, steeda arb, j&m poly lowers, and eibach prokit. Had bags in each spring but keep them deflated now. A trans brake would help you quite a bit as well.

You need to bring that car down here to motormile dragway sometime next year.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  2. 38stang

38stang Active Member

All I've got is the UPR pro upper and lower control arms, 8 way adjustable shocks and no rear sway bar. Not having a bar might be part of the problem.

Motormile dragway is about 3 hours away from me I'd have to plan that one out. I'm in the Richmond VA area. It would be nice to race with someone else that has a fast v6. I'm the only one around here.

3. JTsStang

JTsStang Boosted V6

4. 38stang

38stang Active Member

I would like to have a trans brake. But I need a stub shaft swap first or it will snap from the hit off the trans brake. I've seen it a number of times and it usually takes the drum with it.

5. 38stang

38stang Active Member

Well I finally found the hung WOT problem. The screws for the throttle blade where loose and the blade was shifting around just enough to make it stick open. lucky for me the screws had been battered on the end so they wouldn't come all the way out. I'm not sure I'd recommend a SVE throttle body any more. Other than that I haven't done much after the season ended. I'm trying to get the money together for a cage in the spring or I'm not doing any racing this year, seeing as they kicked me out last year for not having one. I'm also thinking about upping the W/M shot from a 500cc jet to a 1000cc jet and a few more deg. of timing

6. Spdricer

Spdricer Member

Wow.. the throttle blade loose who woulda thought

Did you ever figute out why you had to retune it

Are you still running the correction tune

And the feeling like a vac leak what was the fix for that?

7. 38stang

38stang Active Member

The throttle body had a big seal leak on the shaft. So I had to replace it with the sve throttle body, that was the reason why I had to read Tunes.

8. Spdricer

Spdricer Member

I was under the impression that you need a system that changes the pivot points

By adjusting the pivot points you will be looking to try to get the axle to push straight down to asphalt and a little forward like the back wheels are tucking towards the front wheels when the load is being put the harder the hit the more it points the wheels forward and down the more the tires stick the harder the hit..

Anything else is to either enhances this effect or works parallel and dosent disturb it..

9. 38stang

38stang Active Member

When you making a lot of power the body will roll to the right and unload the right rear tire. With a anti roll bar like one from UPR or the other manufacturers it helps plant that tire and keep it from unloading and spinning.

10. Spdricer

Spdricer Member

Im pretty sure u missed my point...

However i have absolutely no experience in this at all and ive read your stuff and its really good
    I know ur way deeper in this than me and its highly unlikely that you built one of the fastest v6 mustangs but didnt learn this along the way but hey.. mayb you did

If you look at the back of a pro mod they have what is available for our cars but in a way more exaggerated fasion and alot more/easier adjustability without having to get under the car

If its set wrong the tires will spin more times than not...

The sway bar is an addition and works parallel to enhance the above set up..

Spdricer

11. 38stang

38stang Active Member

Sorry I wasn't very clear.
    Your point is valid and correct. I was just trying to say you also need to control the chassis movement as well. That can and will affect traction as well with a high powered car.

12. Spdricer

Spdricer Member

Hey thank you!
    Looking forward to hearing about what you got cooking in the lab now..

13. 38stang

38stang Active Member

I'll be ordering a cage before long and some suspension work as well, I'm hoping;)

Spdricer likes this.
  14. castelano

castelano Member

I know nobody has replied to this thread in about 2 months, but I felt the need to do that. The last video you posted was crazy! Your engine sounds so good, I hope you're proud of your work. Keep up the good work, mate! Cheers!

15. 38stang

38stang Active Member

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. I finally ordered the cage and installed it. And I also re-adjusted the rear suspension, centered the diff and reset the pinion, it may need a few more deg's. but for now Im testing with it 2 degs down
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]