Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pros and Cons on a 05+ V6

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by stangman232v6, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Shadow Burner

Shadow Burner 2007 4.6L GT

A stock 5-speed +05 GT can do the 1/4 in 13 seconds ... in my books that is not slow. I think the interrior looks much nicer than the 99 - 04 model. I've had my 07 GT for about two and a half months and have not had any comfort issues with it at all. The driver's side seat is way more adjustable then the one in my 04 stang was. The shifter sucks real bad though, I think the stock shifter in my 04 V6 was better then the stock shifter in my GT.

2. Shadow Burner

yeah, and Mustangs are built in the US and Canada .... no Mexican plants that I am aware of

3. Shadow Burner

IMO the inside is definitely nicer. I always thought the front end looked nice but everything else was kind of bland. I wasn't too huge on the outside but it has definitely grown on me a lot. Everytime I 'light it up' the cars looks do not even enter my mind. +05 FTW

4. goldenstang00

goldenstang00 Chebby Guy

When her car (ls1 t/a) puts more power to the wheels then your car (05+ GT) makes at the crank then alot of cars will seem slow. ;)

5. mus232

mus232 New Member

all you people who says the new stang is slow never drove one.i just bought a 06 gt back in april and my auto can probably kick most of your asses.dont knock until you drove one.

6. goldenstang00

goldenstang00 Chebby Guy

I know they are slow not because I've driven one (I haven't) but because I've raced them.

Slow.T

But hey if your feeling froggy then I'll be your huckleberry. :)

7. neatofrito1618

neatofrito1618 ...

They're right. 05+'s aren't fast, atleast not in stock form.

8. hitmankb

hitmankb King

This thread has taken a turn for the worst!

9. Totaled108

Totaled108 Its not my car

So it seems as the only con is the shifter.

10. tedness

tedness Mellow Yellow

and the fact that for the price of one you could get a 96-98 32v....

11. Ronnycage V3.8

Ronnycage V3.8 DaughterTestedMomApproved

heres a con. its not a 3.8... some people might agree on this forum.

heres a pro its not a 3.8 haha. :thumbup:

12. goldenstang00

goldenstang00 Chebby Guy

Nail on the head. :lol: :thumbup:

13. corydoitch

corydoitch wat

Ya the shifter sucks, in my cousins 4.0, even with the hurst short shifter, it still feels sloppy as hell...and im not too down with super thin cylinder walls :uhh: :uhh: :uhh:

14. stang26105

stang26105 GO BUCKEYES!!

WOW...there is alot of hate for the 2005+ from the 99-04 guys... I have a 2005 V6 and I love it. The only con I can think of is the throttle response, other than that the drive reminds me alot of my 1995 GT that I had. As far as the interior issue goes, I actually like it (and I dont see the Tiburon connection..???). Compared to my 95 GT and even my old 93 GT there is alot more room and the seats are way comfortable. In hind sight however, I think I would have enjoyed the 99 Cobra I looked at had the price and insurance rates been ok. It totally just comes down to preference though...all mustangs are great for different reasons.

15. Totaled108

Totaled108 Its not my car

The best thing IMHO about the 05+ is the platform coming from a Lincoln LS, Jag X-type design. Both very stiff and started out with IRS, which MM makes for the new stangs now. The rear solid suspension is much improved over any stang before it. Panhard bar being standered on ALL of then from the factory is a great plus.
    But its too big for my liking and if I'm going to get another sporty car its got to be at or under 3000lbs, or a BMW M3 (any year 95 and newer).

16. MattP 343

MattP 343 TR-SN197-06

Looks and speed are both relative. One person might think the 05+ Stangs look awesome and another think they look terrible. Its an opinion, so it can't be a Pro or a Con.

Same thing applies with speed. Sure they are not the fastest car on the streets, but they are not slow. Someone who has as fast of a car as GoldenShower :uhh: might think the 05+ GTs are slow, especially if they have the stock tune/drive by wire. At the same time, a person who drove a 94-98 Stang might think the new stangs are rather quick.

I agree the stock interior, is not great, but if you get the IUP (Interior Upgrade Package) That is about as good as you will get for its class/price range.

17. MattP 343

MattP 343 TR-SN197-06

And...What is it with all the bashing?

Everyboard that I post on has numerous threads bashing on the new stangs. And EVERYTIME there are tools with their prior generation Mustangs and their LS1s talking about the Sn197s saying "they aren't fast, they look ugly, they are cheap....I know a guy whose friends neighbors moms uncle who drives a (Insert Random Car Here) beat one on the street - Blah..." Im really not sure what everyone's problem is...Im still trying to figure it out :confused:

18. Justin@VMP

[email protected] New Member

My wife's 06 definitely has much more of a quality feel than my 00.

19. Dwatkins

Dwatkins Member

Its called envy! Bash what you want but do not have to make yourself feel better. Second it is new and different so I do not like it. I would love to have a new GT conv., but would rather play and spend money on my 96. I worry less about it getting hurt by some turd talking on their cell phone : )

20. dracken

dracken Geek Extrodinaire

Considering that Justin was able to 'squeeze' an extra 100hp out of a GT500 with a modified intake and a tune, I'd bet that the GT and V6 arn't much better in thier intake and tune either, especially after looking at the stock intakes at the dealer the other day, I'm thinking Ford did it on purpose so as to keep insurance costs down due to lower stock HP/TQ so more people can afford the car. That and the fuel economy restrictions they have to add - crazy $3k markup for being a 'gasguzzler'. Afterall, putting on a CAI for a crazy amount of ponies is awesome, not something that the 94-04 crowd has ever been able to duplicate ;)

The reactions to the '05+ Mustangs are very similar to those when the '94 SN95 body style came out. Fox owners weren't impressed, though at least they didn't screw up the engine this time around. :rolleyes: Oh, and the S body owners weren't impressed either... but then again, Ford didn't stop making the Mustang :crazy:

BTW, Justin - :drool:
    http://www.modularfords.com/forums/vmp-tuning/vmp-tunes-the-07-shelby-gt500-505-rwhp-62342.html