Re re remix

GDP

I'd pee in her butt!
This is going to be my rebuild log for redoing my m112 install/setup. Just bought the new lower intake from SSM today. Also bought a new 3.65 billetflow nonslip pulley. I currently already have their 3.40 but want to go back down for lower IATs. I also want to see if I can have fixed all the little issues that ive been having with this setup. Like the belt system not aligning correctly and the lack of blower whine + power. And hope to have the drivability issues tuned out. Like rough cold starts and pinging with hot temps. Oh and im finally going to get a hood and redo my exhaust which is hanging like **** right now.

So will start to update as I get working on this turd.

ReaperStang79

Whipple 03-04 Cobra W140ax Supercharger Kit (Black) Stock TB [WK-200100B] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

yay or nay? Worlds first whippled v6 Im thinking? Ive got the money and balls if it will fit. Also how much boost would it put out with the stock 3.5 upper and a 25% UDP?

I assume you have a built bottom end right?? I also think that would be a waste of money bc it won't produce it's max potential bc you won't have the intercooler. I would stay with the m112 and get a posi port or something along those lines!! Just my .02!!

GDP

I'd pee in her butt!
No stock engine. I want to go whipple because its twin screw which is way more efficient and less heat. Dont care if it doesnt meet its full potential so long as I can keep boost 10lbs and below and its lower heat output. Something about that whipple is calling me lol.

ReaperStang79

No stock engine. I want to go whipple because its twin screw which is way more efficient and less heat. Dont care if it doesnt meet its full potential so long as I can keep boost 10lbs and below and its lower heat output. Something about that whipple is calling me lol.

Well, if you want to do it, then go for it man!! I think boost wise, probably keep that particular SC around 6psi and go from there!! Now, this should be an interesting Whipple build!!

GDP

I'd pee in her butt!
Yeah I was planning on buying another eaton, having it sent to steig for rebuild anyway. That would probably all add up to about half the price of one of these anyway. Plus this way I know my blower is legit lol. And yeah my only concern is being able to keep the boost low enough, not sure how these whipples work.

My only big concern is the IC lip like the eaton. Id really hate to machine it off but guessing I will have to.

Well, if you want to do it, then go for it man!! I think boost wise, probably keep that particular SC around 6psi and go from there!! Now, this should be an interesting Whipple build!!

LilRoush

Rare Roush Collector
Without the built bottom end, you won't make any more power with a twin screw on there. You can already max out the stock motor with the M112.
If anything, I'd port the crap out of the M112, get the lower intake ported and have the boxed upper port matched. Have the silencer ports on the M112 welded shut while you're at it. You'll get more power and be able to hear it whine like you are hoping for.

GDP

I'd pee in her butt!
Without the built bottom end, you won't make any more power with a twin screw on there. You can already max out the stock motor with the M112.
If anything, I'd port the crap out of the M112, get the lower intake ported and have the boxed upper port matched. Have the silencer ports on the M112 welded shut while you're at it. You'll get more power and be able to hear it whine like you are hoping for.

Ok but wouldnt I get lower IATs with the whipple? Also my lower is already ported and IRMCs deleted. And does closing the silencer ports create any more heat?

LilRoush

Rare Roush Collector
Closing the ports only changes the sound. A ported M112 will make about as much heat as the Whipple for our application on the V6.
Edit: Another thing to think about, the Whipple upgrade for the M112 uses an adapter that's about 1/2" of extra thickness to take into account when looking for a hood.

GDP

I'd pee in her butt!
Well if there really isnt any benefit I guess I wont then. Wont porting the eaton give more boost though?

Ortiz

Sup
Well if there really isnt any benefit I guess I wont then. Wont porting the eaton give more boost though?

Most blowers I have ported (for the terminator crowd) usually gain about 1-2 pounds of boost. No other mods other than supporting mods i.e fuel and maf. ;)

GDP

I'd pee in her butt!
Most blowers I have ported (for the terminator crowd) usually gain about 1-2 pounds of boost. No other mods other than supporting mods i.e fuel and maf. ;)

That should be fine. With my new bigger eaton pulley (stock 3.65, up from 3.40) it should only make about 7-8lbs at most then. So just so I have this right, a ported eaton will run cooler (as cool as a whipple), run 1-2lbs higher, and with silencer ports shut will give it a lot of scream?

What I will probably do then is buy a used eaton off of SVTP, have the seller ship it directly to steig., then have them rebuild it and port it, and send it back to me. I wonder if stieg can shave the IC lip off for me too?

GDP

I'd pee in her butt!
Cobra IC resivoir + pump + Liquid Cooled Supercharger = **** you all.

Too big I think though, would be a waste. Need to find the same thing but like a 1.5L or something. Or might end up throwing in TVS rotors if Lilroush can find em.

JTsStang

Boosted V6
What cam is in it now?

Just my opinion, but I think your going about this build all wrong. You should be looking into mods that are going to make your setup faster and more efficent. If I were building a m-112 v6 I'd do a 3500 stall converter, cam, and methanol injection...in that order.

I gained .6 in the 1/8th with a stall only on my old setup.

GDP

I'd pee in her butt!
Not doing any internal engine work unless I have to, which I will find out about as soon as I get a comp. test done. I have thought about getting a stall but Im not doing this for track times. I will be autoX more then anything. I do already have a meth kit installed. I will be installing the nozzle into the adapter plate ....... Im thinking on the middle side. Only things ive bought so far is the new adapter plate, smaller pulley, and egr delete kit.

Oh and I found out today my negitive battery terminal completely rusted through and almost wouldnt reconnect. Got it on there until I get it repaired tomorrow. Going to a local service shop that will replace both negitive and positive terminal connectors for $20. This may explain a electrical issue I was/am having.

FYI the whipple and all that was just a fantasy thought lol. At most I MAY get those TVS rotors if it can be proven to fit and work. At the least I will buy a ported/rebuilt eaton.

GDP

I'd pee in her butt!
Does anyone care to guess what affect (or should I say how big of an effect) will going from a 3.40 pulley back to a 3.65 pulley will have? Will it throw my AFR off enough to cause concern? I mean at worse it will just be super rich right?

JTsStang

Boosted V6
Stall converter doesnt have to be for the track. You could do a 3000rpm stall witch should put you close to a 4000rpm flash from a dead stop only when you get into wot. dd it acts just like a regular stall.

What do you mean tvs rotors? You men ts (twin screw)?