removing the dash?

machoman013

I'm thinking replacing my in dash gauges withs ome nice roushe white ones.... how do I remove or open that thing up so I can get in there? Yes.. I've never done any interior stuff to my car, so I don't want to mess up anything.

machoman013

if that's what you the speedometer, tach, and all that, yes. I've been reading about mistakes made by other members about removing the needles, so how do I accomplish replacing this thing w/o removing the needles?

fastmustangs1

The Unicorned Handler
machoman013 said:
if that's what you the speedometer, tach, and all that, yes. I've been reading about mistakes made by other members about removing the needles, so how do I accomplish replacing this thing w/o removing the needles?

Oh I see so you want to put in this gauge pod.:idea: :idea: :idea:

Attachments

slow_v6_stang

Two Eaton blown Fords
pull out the headlight knob, stick a flathead screwdriver in the slot along the side where it sticks into the dash...pry away from the dash and the knob will come right off. then remove the 2 torx screws on the top of the bezel...then you can pull the bezel off. then you will see a bunch of torx screws that you need to remove to take out the guage cluster and un hook the 2 wire harness plugins and its out

RareBird0

Henhouse Guard
machoman013 said:
I just did mine today. It's a 2002. You can put the white face over the needles without taking them off. Feed a neddle through a hole and get one done. Then it's a combination of bending the white face and the needle(slightly) to get each one on.