Reputation meter

SFrymyah

Hi, I'm Steven
I like what automotive forums has done with their boards. they have a Reputation thing that gives points for good reps. maybe we should have something like that to crack down on the assholes :thumbup:

KTBug

- Kris -
That's an excellent idea but people tend to know who has credibility just by hanging around and reading what that person has to say day by day. We all know who the trolls, post-whores and Off-Topic idiots are!!

Typically, anyone who hangs out in the Performance section has a good rep. Anyone in OT is usually an idiot! Not to offend anyone...I use the term "idiot" here as a reference to the OT crowd. Good reps should reflect the advice given by an individual. It would probably get ruined by groups of people who like "person X" and vote for him. "Person X" would get a good rep but really wouldn't be credible anywhere except OT.

Did I offend enough people yet? :D I'm just digging my hole deeper and deeper, aren't I? :D

SFrymyah

Hi, I'm Steven
KTBug said:
That's an excellent idea but people tend to know who has credibility just by hanging around and reading what that person has to say day by day. We all know who the trolls, post-whores and Off-Topic idiots are!!

Typically, anyone who hangs out in the Performance section has a good rep. Anyone in OT is usually an idiot! Not to offend anyone...I use the term "idiot" here as a reference to the OT crowd. Good reps should reflect the advice given by an individual. It would probably get ruined by groups of people who like "person X" and vote for him. "Person X" would get a good rep but really wouldn't be credible anywhere except OT.

Did I offend enough people yet? :D I'm just digging my hole deeper and deeper, aren't I? :D
i understand that, i was thinking more in favor of the noobs. say someone new asks a question. he can see the rep of someone who has replied and be able to get an idea as to if it were a reliable response

KTBug

- Kris -
Right. Like I said, it's a good idea, but..........

There are many trolls here that have high post counts. They have high post counts because some people encourage them to hang around. They become friends with them. Because of that fact, they wiould probably vote for them and give them a good rep.

A new member signs up and sees this moron with a good rating and decides that the "pour milk in your oil" advice that he gave must be sound advice because of his reputation. When his trans locks up he's left wondering what happened.

I'm not arguing with you. It's actually a great idea! I just don't see it working around here because of the maturity level (or lack thereof) some nights.

SFrymyah

Hi, I'm Steven
KTBug said:
Right. Like I said, it's a good idea, but..........

There are many trolls here that have high post counts. They have high post counts because some people encourage them to hang around. They become friends with them. Because of that fact, they wiould probably vote for them and give them a good rep.

A new member signs up and sees this moron with a good rating and decides that the "pour milk in your oil" advice that he gave must be sound advice because of his reputation. When his trans locks up he's left wondering what happened.

I'm not arguing with you. It's actually a great idea! I just don't see it working around here because of the maturity level (or lack thereof) some nights.
lol whoever actually pours milk in their oil shouldnt be asking **** like that anyway

Tim S

NORM!
just come right out and say it. I know you want to use my name about a hundred times in those last two posts. :lol:

KTBug

- Kris -
Noob: My engine is acting sluggish. What gives?

Tim: It needs Vitamin D.

Noob: Huh?

Tim: Pour some milk in your oil. It won't hurt anything. It's good for you and your car! Take it from me, I've worked on cars for 75 years. I ought to know!

Noob: You da man Tim! I'll try it. Because of your good reputation, this must be great advice!!

Get the picture? :D

SFrymyah

Hi, I'm Steven
KTBug said:

Tim: Pour some milk in your oil. It won't hurt anything. It's good for you and your car! Take it from me, I've worked on cars for 75 years. I ought to know!

Noob: You da man Tim! I'll try it. Because of your good reputation, this must be great advice!!

still, whoever is dumb enough to do that, deserves it :lol:

KTBug

- Kris -
Ok, it was a goofy example. But you know how Tim is!! :D

I've seen similar examples in the boards at times. Dumb responses do happen!!

SFrymyah

Hi, I'm Steven
KTBug said:
Ok, it was a goofy example. But you know how Tim is!! :D

I've seen similar examples in the boards at times. Dome responses do happen!!
lol, tim is a moron :lol: I'm sure there would be jackasses to do something like that, but im sure the majority will give a responsible answer. or how about this - have a reputation for each section of the board :rolleyes:

DarkEntity

KTBug said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

VITAMIN D!!!!!!!!