Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rich in one bank, lean in the other, equal on load

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by kitsune1324, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Pete fender

Pete fender Pete Fender

I just thought of something.
    Your motor may be batch firing, causing one side to be richer than the other, since that is a dawback of the older batch fire systems.
    Check the plug on your Cam Position Sensor, make sure the plug is intact.
    Then trace the wires to that plug as far as you can, they may be pinched or internally broken inside the insulation.
    Or caught up in something.
    Also check any fuse that goes to "GEM"
    General Engine Management.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  2. Chris Henderson

Chris Henderson New Member

Pete maybe on to something with the wiring. Its gonna be something really stupid when you figure it out! Lol

Could even just be an exhaust leak letting air in the pipe. O2 sensors are very sensitive. Did it to myself once with slip on collectors........

3. Pete fender

Pete fender Pete Fender

Yup.
    Exhaust leaks cause problems.
    Mostly where the header meets the down tube, a leaner mixture on the side that leaks.

4. kitsune1324

kitsune1324 Active Member

Sorry for the very, very late reply everyone. It took a long while to get the car to the mechanic because his calendar was full, but he went in, looked over all the work he had done previously, but found no faults and couldn't see any other issues. He recommended going to someone who specializes in finding issues with these. However, I've been working with 6 Shooter on some tuning and with our tunes we're not quite seeing the issues the Bama tune was. This makes me woner if they were just being lazy and throwing an OTS tune on there without minding all the info I shared with them. The car is currently being caged, but as we get the tune closer and closer to being complete we'll have a sure answer whether it was literally just the tune or if there still is a problem. All I can say is if there's an actual issue, it's going to be expensive to have someone find and fix.