Roll cage in a mustang

G

Green_Demon

Ive been thinking about making/buying a full roll cage for my mustang. Has anybody ever seen this done on a street strang? or know how to do it and how much it would cost? Please let me know. Thanks!

C

constantlylosing

it can be done...but in my opinion it wouldnt be worth it... it stiffens the frame of the car so you dont get as much body flex that will rob your car of hp ...even with a supercharger i dont think you would really need it ..some tracks require you to have a cage if you have over so much hp or just plain require it ...a full cage will inhibit getting in and out of your mustang..o yea and most ppl put a roll cage in if theyre converting there car to a stricltly race or drag car.....plus you will have to cut into your back seats ..if your going to keep the back seats at all...ok im rambling ...i just want to say that putting a cage in wouldnt be worth your time or MONEY and it isnt necessary to have a well performing car

G

Green_Demon

Yeah, I guess I agree too. But I gotta admit, the chrome bars inside of my dark greem mustang would look pretty sweet.

S

slvrstrk

they make something similar...it isnt a rollcage, but it does stiffen the upper body and it is flashy, but not as hard to access the beackseat and all.  You gotta look for it though, I forget where I saw it.

G

Green_Demon

Well, please let me know what you can think of cause I dont think its a really a roll cage that Im looking for, just something that goes from the front, roof, and then behind the back seat. I saw it in a camaro recently and it looked pretty good.