Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

rough engine at high rpm

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by DuaneStafford, Dec 8, 2001.

1. I have been hesitant to take my 2000 Mustang above 3000 rpm because it starts to sound rough. I found a friend who used to race souped up stock cars. He shrugs and says thats just Ford and there is nothing wrong. True? Whats happening? I hope that there really is nothing wrong.

Please, no comments from the Chevy crowd. This is family business.

2. Rudestang

Rudestang Guest

When you say rough, do you mean vibrations or noise? I have not seen any 3.8s run rough. they do get noisey at high RPMs.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I would say noisy. It wasnt what I was expecting. My first thought was that something was wrong. Someone else has told me that if any engine is broken in or used to running in one rpm range then it may run rough at a different speed. Someone else told that may have been true at one time but not with todays engines. Id like to hear other opions on that issue.

4. stalkerstang

stalkerstang Guest

my 3.8 sounds rough around 2800-3400rpm.it gets anoying but i found i cant get rid of it.the 3.8 is a rough running engine as i mean it runns like it has a slightly large cam in it.ford released a information notice to all dealers when the 94s came out to let tecks no that if a person complains about a rough feel at idle,usually,or while driving it is normal.i myself thought there was somthing wrong with it but hes right when he says "thats ford".