Roush unveiled it's 2010 427R

Travis

Lexus ES350 - Nissan Skyline GTR
you're missing the point.

Which is? The point of making a performance car is to get people to buy it and be faster/better looking than similarly priced competitors. Mustang fanboys don't care what it looks like, cuz they'll buy them anyway. The people who aren't already buying your cars are the audience you should be targeting when releasing new models.

glassmoon0fo

I bust nuts. On the reg.
^ this. i really like the new look, rear end and otherwise. drop it and remove the foglights bullit style and it'd be mean as a mofo.

IggyBiggy

Q('.' Q)
Which is? The point of making a performance car is to get people to buy it and be faster/better looking than similarly priced competitors. Mustang fanboys don't care what it looks like, cuz they'll buy them anyway. The people who aren't already buying your cars are the audience you should be targeting when releasing new models.
and this site is what?..... :uhh:
that is the point i'm making. how many of us are in the market for a new pony car?

Travis

and this site is what?..... :uhh:
that is the point i'm making. how many of us are in the market for a new pony car?

This is off topic, and people here have more realistic tastes than most car forums. I find that refreshing. Your point is also pretty stupid. It doesn't matter how many of us are currently in the market for a new car. What matters is if they're building cars that we want to own. That's really the beauty, car enthusiasts never stop car shopping. They're going to be available next year, in a few months on the used market, a couple years from now, etc etc.

IggyBiggy

Q('.' Q)
This is off topic, and people here have more realistic tastes than most car forums. I find that refreshing. Your point is also pretty stupid. It doesn't matter how many of us are currently in the market for a new car. What matters is if they're building cars that we want to own. That's really the beauty, car enthusiasts never stop car shopping. They're going to be available next year, in a few months on the used market, a couple years from now, etc etc.

car enthusiasts make a small % of buyers. by the time they go used, ford has made their money. if theres a platform for people to have a v8 rwd car, at the right price, people will buy it and care less what the bumper looks like. a lot of people on these forums hated the retro look, and up and down the lineup, 05s+ were selling out when they first came out.

more realistic taste here you say? how many people here stated they hated the look of sn-197s? in reality, shelbys sold above msrp for 2 years at ridiculously stupid prices. this doesnt happen if the majority of people think a car is ugly

i think ford knows how to sell pony cars-- they know what they're doing (at least with the mustang)

Travis

car enthusiasts make a small % of buyers. by the time they go used, ford has made their money. if theres a platform for people to have a v8 rwd car, at the right price, people will buy it and care less what the bumper looks like. a lot of people on these forums hated the retro look, and up and down the lineup, 05s+ were selling out when they first came out.

more realistic taste here you say? how many people here stated they hated the look of sn-197s? in reality, shelbys sold above msrp for 2 years at ridiculously stupid prices. this doesnt happen if the majority of people think a car is ugly

i think ford knows how to sell pony cars-- they know what they're doing (at least with the mustang)

This thread is about Roush.