Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

RPM hang 2017 V6 manual normal?

Discussion in '2015 V6 Mustang' started by S550 3.7L grabber, May 11, 2017.

1. S550 3.7L grabber

S550 3.7L grabber New Member

Newbie question, I looked in past threads but all seem to be about pre 3.7L engines and putting in restrictor plates. I have less than 1000 miles on the new car. If I shift below around 3k rpm the engine will slow down naturally if I take foot off gas. If I shift any higher than that and take my foot off gas, the rpm stays almost constant for a couple seconds. Annoying if not shifting into next gear at high rpm. Is it an OEM setting to keep the rpm high for aggressive shifting? If shifting from 1st to 3rd around town I actually have to wait what seems like forever for the engine to slow down to around 2k rpm for shift. Never had issue where I needed to give lots of time for engine to slow down for shifts. Seems to be the same for the 3 weeks or so I have had car.

2. Phil II

Phil II Cone Destroyer Staff Member

Joys of drive by wire. All you're doing is asking the pcm to do the actual manipulation of throttle body and transmission.

I consider it a fair assessment that your experience is all due to oem calibration. Even for S550 the v6 is still the least motorsports oriented trim.