Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

rules are getting ridiculous!

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Announcements' started by Blitzedstang, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rellik

Rellik is a dirty pirate

I agree, the statement that mods are giving infractions to "dead horse" questions just isn't plausable in this instance.

2. Sonic232Stang

Sonic232Stang 3.8mustang.com addict

I don't believe you:p

Ah, all you mods are pretty lenient in my opinion. I've seen lots of stupid posts and members since i've been here. They are all still here, without warnings or infractions. :lol: :thumbup:

3. Blitzedstang

Blitzedstang rollin on two

hehe im sure the mods love my thread ;)

4. KTBug

KTBug - Kris -

It may have been 20 pixels too large but it was also 26k over the 25k size limit. 51k is nowhere close to 25k! Let's tell the whole truth! ;)

5. Rellik

Rellik is a dirty pirate

It's true.... KT keeps an ongoing record of the type of sig violation... It's really quite impressive if I do say so myself :thumbup:

6. stang gurl

stang gurl New Member

for what its worth, I have complained about some of the rules since 04 :crazy: .... and I'd like to add, I think we have TOO MANY mods as it is... the rules are there for a reason, yes, but some of the moderators use 3.8 as an outlet after a bad day, that is very evident... Im not referring to you evin, there are very fair mods here, but some ruin it for everyone. For example:

what happens if a parent constantly comes down on his kid for stupid little **** all the time? Pretty soon that kid is going to rebel and become unruley... thats alot of what you have going on here half the time, people think the nit picky enforcement of some of the rules is so rediculous, that they dont give a **** anymore and purposely break them. Everyone should just relax.

7. Rellik

Rellik is a dirty pirate

Thats when the rules were almost completly revamped in the first place :p :lol:

Keep in mind Kim, that the majority of the moderators are Tech moderators, and these are the mods who spend a lot of time in their own sections trying to help every person they can.

If you have a complaint about a moderator specifically, John's PM mailbox is only a few clicks away. ;)

Liar :p Come on, let me know how you really feel. :lol:

Again, let John know about it, that's what he's here for. If ANYONE has a complaint or concern about a moderator, PM John privately about it. This means, Dont make a BS thread that will get locked, Dont bitch and complain to other members... Go to the Moderators Boss himself. Yes, Nikko is also the boss, and so I Sean, but in reality, Sean is entirely too busy to answer 500 PM's a day about complaints, and you wouldnt write to Nikko about how much of a jerk you think he is (This is NOT my opinion by the way).

John has already opened up his PM's to everyone, I'm just emphesising it.

On the flipside of that... children with NO supervision whatsoever dont end up any better... right? Kim, how would your leather couch look if you NEVER told a certian someone to get their feet off of it? :eek:

My point is, There are an ample amount of mods for the member base that we have... myself being the last one to be added early last year. There is just enough to keep a ballance. But mods aren't above the law either. I have been ... well... ASKED by fellow moderators to curb some of my habits that could be seen as encouragement of rule breaking. And for the most part, I've complied. Mods are subject to the same rules everyone else is... please dont forget that. :(

8. KTBug

KTBug - Kris -

The kid matures and learns to follow the rules or else he suffers the consequences. Pretty basic!

9. rcboarder76

rcboarder76 Well-Known Member

naw my teachers tried that **** till i kickd'em in the nuts and sucker punched that miother ****er:wtf:

10. SteveC

SteveC Well-Known Member

^
    Future unemployed, welfare recepient.

11. Corrupted

Corrupted don't be a suck-up...

uhh wow :uhh:

12. rcboarder76

naw more like future cop, who stands to inherit alot of kool ****, and a company so hey w/e

13. SteveC

SteveC Well-Known Member

^
    With that responce, you will:
    Get a job with a po-dunk town
    Think you are above the law
    Spend all the inheritance
    Bankrupt the company
    Cross the wrong person
    Sharing a cell with the guy you arrested a week before.

I've conducted police interviews- trust me- no decent police force will hire a hack with kind of mentality. You are going to get a full education from the teacher called life who will kick you in the nads, punch you in the face, and laugh at you as you lay in pool of your own pride. :disgust:

14. rcboarder76

dude its really ****in funny how i make smart remark just messin around and u guys think i will end up no where in life, you also do not know me on a personal level so its funny how u can predict my life but oh well, this is the proble people are ****in too serious... why dont u chill out and enjoy life... oh and i dont really care if you conduct police interviews, i was gonna do it for fun but hey if the police dont want me i'll go straight to ATF, i have connections in almost everybranch of law enforcement have u ever heard of pulling strings

15. Rellik

Rellik is a dirty pirate

This is the Site suggestions section... and posts in this section are to be taken seriously. This isn't the laid back section we like to call Off Topic, where jokes are made 24/7/365. This section, like the tech sections, posts are to taken seriously.

If you dont mean what you post, dont post it.

16. SteveC

SteveC Well-Known Member

I'm not overly serious... it's actually funny to hear how kids think they have the world all figured out. You'll learn someday... Just remember that SteveC told you.

ATF... haha... straight to the ATF... bwhahaha

Connections... haha...

Yep, you have alot to learn...

17. John

John Ex-Legend

This thread isnt about nitpicking each other.

Its about the rules, and what to do about them if you dont agree with them, or if you have an issue with a moderator.

Mods get annoyed easily, just like regular members do, some mods express themselves differently than others ( like steve C in this thread)

Some dont tolerate insolance, insubordination, and some dont tolerate stupidity, especially in tech sections..

Some also in tech sections dont appreciate spread of mis-information, or quotes such as " my friend who knows alot about cars says that ______ is supposed to do ________" these are the types of posts that really piss ALOT of people off, especially in tech, if you dont know WHAT you are talking about, and havent personally had experience with the situation at hand or honestly know personally how to solve a problem, DONT POST!!!!!!!

The tech section has no room for "I heard's", Its misinformation. Dont post it.

If this happens, then we will have ALOT HAPPIER MODERATORS!

Perfect example of a tech thread..

"How do i beat a GT"
    - poster 1- "get a cobra"
    --------2 - Get dual exhaust and a 200shot of nitrous
    ---------3- Dual exhaust from flowmaster will get you 30 hp, and a cai will gain you 20 hp, then you will have 50 extra hp to beat it"
    -----"just buy a supercharger"

When some of these are viable options, but dont explain any detail, and post 3 is completely wrong, but someone will see it and spread it to another post. then people will have it in thier minds that getting duals will gain them alot of HP.. this is where the cycle starts, and this is where mods step in and set people straight.

Having n00bs and even off topic regulars who decide to get thier "post counts" up by retyping things they have "heard" throughout the forums into the tech sections makes things difficult to moderate.

Basically ill lay it down like this..

If you cant COMPLETELY EXPLAIN YOURSELF in a post in tech, DONT POST IT AT ALL. If you tell someone they need to buy a CAI, and cant explain what a CAI is, what exactly it does, why its a popular mod, how much it costs, and your personal experiences with it, then dont post at all.. .I bet some of you have told people to get a cai before you even knew what CAI stood for... ( cold air induction)

This is just my main rant in the tech sections.. And this is the NUMBER ONE reason why mods get frustrated there.

The OT mods are a whole new story. OT is its own demon-child to moderate.

Ill admit, ive been neglecting the tech and regional sections as an admin, and have focused almost 90% of my site time with the moderator board and off topic ( because they are the most popular forums) But i think im going to start poking into some of these "tech" threads and start setting some examples here

18. SteveC

SteveC Well-Known Member

I have little tolerance for know-it-all 18 year old kids. I come off gruff sometimes and make some feel uncomfortable when I call someone out on bull. Just trying to keep it real. Ask anyone that has dealt with me on a personal level and I'll do anything to help someone that needs genuine help. But run your mouth and expect to be given a dose of reality.

AMEN!

19. hitman

hitman My turbo blows

I was sent a PM from KTbug telling me my sig was too big. So I just gt rid of it.

20. KTBug

KTBug - Kris -

Sounds like a plan to me! If everyone would just follow the rules then we wouldn't have to say anything about sigs or anything else!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.