Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

rules are getting ridiculous!

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Announcements' started by Blitzedstang, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vash

Vash 3.8= drama for your momma

KTbug i don't think this is anything against you as being a bad mod. but maybe for you to be more open minded about things you know?

and sinse we mentioned about you.. i sure see alot less threads locked... LOL...

and no one is perfect KTbug. its threads like this that helps solves some problems. cuz who actually polices the police you know?

But if you would like to see a thread of one of the examples... just... "Use the Search" as what you would say.. and you'll find countless of thousands of examples of what we're talking about.

2. KTBug

KTBug - Kris -

This entire thread is about me! Blitzedstang started this thread because I got on his case about a sig that was huge. Not only were the pic dimensions too big but the disk size was far above maximum. I politely asked him to change it, so he did.........to a size just barely less than what it was. This happened 3 or 4 times over the course of probably a week or two. I guess he thought I was picking on him. :confused: If he would've just complied with a simple rule there would've been no problem! This is not rocket science.

As far as being open minded goes, I guess everyone thinks I'm a "Sig Nazi". Sig rules are not difficult to understand or follow. When I ask someone to change their sig, it's a polite request. I don't jump down their throat over a stupid signature! If they don't comply then actions have to be taken. I'm sure 95% of the people that have oversized sigs know that they're breaking the sig rules. Let me ask you this: If you knowingly break the sig rules AND know that I'm going to say something about it AND know that you will probably blow this all out of proportion then why have a sig that's HUGE? To me it's like asking someone to hold up 3 fingers and they hold up 10 fingers and 5 toes. It wasn't a difficult request! IMHO I'm pretty open-minded. It's the blatant offenders that get on my nerves!

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with that. I still mod here and will continue to do so to my fullest ability until I choose to leave or one of the admins ask me to leave. This thread has absolutely no impact on my moderating.

I appreciate this thread. It's good to air out some problems sometimes. But you brought up a good point. The mods police the mods! I know everyone reading this is probably thinking that's a pretty weak statement but not many people here know each other personally. The mods disagree with each other as much as everyone else does. If one person feels that another person has moderated a thread unfairly then it's brought out into the open in the ultra-secret, members-only, hidden moderator forum. Its dealt with there by other mods and, most of the time, the admins.

Anyways, like I said here, if you have more to say than your sig will allow, then just post all of the info you want in the link below.

http://www.3.8mustang.com/members/

3. Flyboy 06

Flyboy 06 Hi, Im your pal Greg

I havent been here long, and maybe thats the reason I feel the way I do, but I like the level of moderation. Granted, sometimes it would be nice to see the answer to a question that I too was wondering, I understand why they get locked. I dont get talked to by the mods.... ever lol, so any moderation is kind of invisible to me. But it seems to be just right becuase the site is great, I really have no complaints about it. Plus, the mods are just so damn smart lol, they always seem to be right. I have wondered though why I dont ever see sean. I mean, this is his site, I would think he would be here more but I think I have seen him post like 7 times since I joined. Not that it matters, just an observation.

4. investinwaffles

investinwaffles 3.8's Other Indian™

5. Blitzedstang

Blitzedstang rollin on two

KTbug:

The sig was made for me in the photoshop section.. It was just a tad to big so you issue me an infraction instead of telling me to resize so I get banned for a week for having bs sig sizes. If you good mod you would have resized it for me ;)

6. KTBug

KTBug - Kris -

The problem is that you were asked numerous times to change your sig over the course of a few weeks. You knew (know) the rules and still had sig that didn't fit them! I asked you to change it and you did but it was still too big. I asked you to change it again and you did but it was STILL TOO BIG! Third times the charm! After the 3rd time I gave you a point. Enough's enough! I thought the point would set you straight. Maybe that and this thread will help.

I'm not picking on you. If you would just not try to push the boundaries then everyone would be happy and no one would be complaining! The sig rules are very easy to understand. Before you commit to a sig that someone else has made for you, check it to make sure you won't get in trouble for it. They made it but you used it so YOU get in trouble for it! ;)

7. KTBug

KTBug - Kris -

Do it yourself. Even MS Paint will resize, you don't need Photoshop!

8. neatofrito1618

neatofrito1618 ...

Sean is a lurker, he comes on here just about every day and looks at threads but very rarely posts in them.

9. Flyboy 06

Really??? I guess I never look at the current users list or whatever its called.

HI SEAN!!!!!!:lol:

10. Rellik

Rellik is a dirty pirate

Sean doesnt live on the board... he lets his minions do that :eek: :lol:

At any rate, the moderators and admins are backed up by sean in the first place. There isn't a single rule that he doesnt see. Just because he doesnt comment on it, doesnt mean he doesnt see/read it. If there is a real problem, I assure you, Sean talks to us.

11. JF

JF no more stang :/

what about this one that crazystang made for me and you told me to switch?

[​IMG]

hell, its not even hosted or stored on THIS site

12. Rellik

Rellik is a dirty pirate

Save it as a JPG and it's 38k :rolleyes:

PNG files are too damn big for sigs ;)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. JF

right on...thats all he should have said...easy as that
    either way, its not the
    appreciate it rellik:thumbup:

14. Rellik

Rellik is a dirty pirate

MY bad, it's 38k... it was 15k when I first saved it, and I compressed it a little too much IMO. You quoted me before I caught it... but hey, 38 is better than 94k ;)

You're welcome none the less :D

15. Burn

Burn Well-Known Member

use the save for web and Jpeg you can lose a lot of file size. It takes the preview and some other info out that you do not need and leaves a fairly decent shot. that is in photoshop.

16. KTBug

KTBug - Kris -

Why are you getting on my case? Fix your own damn sig! I don't have time to give you a way to edit your sig. That's up to you! I just asked you to change it. You should know whether or not it's going to fit before you post it on this site!

17. John

John Ex-Legend

It really isnt a matter of the sig being hosted here or anywhere else.. if its a large file, it takes longer to load.
    The reason there are sig rules is because

- Not everyone has high speed internet
    - Not everyone has monitors with resolutions of 1600x1200, 1280x1024 or 1280x800.. the majority is 800x600 and 1024x768.
    - People get an unfair advantage and can take advantage of the site with advertising.

So you might ask.. why dont the dialup users or people at work turn thier sigs off?
    Answer:
    - The site is intended for car help/tech advise, sigs on this site are originally intended for listing modifications and car info so its easier to diagnose car problems and answer questions for people. Its very difficult to retype your car year, transmission, mods everytime you post a question or answer.

The other reason why there are size restrictions because it is a MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS to read a thread when its clogged up with many many pictures that are very large and unproportional.

Sig rules makes the site very organized, easy to read, and fast to load

18. Flyboy 06

Oh believe me, I dont think Sean has abandoned the site, nor do I think he doesnt know whats going on. I was just saying, I never see him actually post, it doesnt really matter, just an observation.

19. JF

this is exactly why

YOUR words
    mine was 500x120 and about 80k or so...

good attitude for a mod:thumbup:

example..."change to jpeg"
    that took me less the 3 seconds to type that...you spent more time typing **** blowin it out of proportion than it would have taken to suggest converting to jpeg

20. Kuplex

Kuplex Retired Admin

If you guys are having issues resizing or physical size, such as not having image software readily available, just let me know. Sometimes lesser software can cause blurring or general distortion when resizing or trying to compress it.
    I've got PhotoShop at work and home, so it's a couple minute fix and I can get you back within the restrictions. Don't let a warning linger on for a while, ask someone for help if you need it. There are plenty of members willing to help out if you just ask. :thumbup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.