The following are our rules & guidelines on using our forum.
First and Foremost
Use the report system of our forum if you have a problem with any post. Doing so alerts our moderators and we can take action. If you do not do this we can not help you.
On Topic / Tech Forum Rules
Our forums are for owners of V6 Mustangs who are either looking for help diagnosing a problem with their car or are looking for help modifying their car. Our tech sections should remain on topic as much as possible.
Constructive criticism is always welcome. Rude and unhelpful statements will be deleted and potential actions on your account could be considered, such as warnings and temporary or permanent suspension of your account.
Sometimes it is better to just walk away from an argument if you can not come to an agreement with someone else. Someone is always wrong on the internet and you will never win every battle.
- We believe in public freedom of speech but that right does not infer that others have to publish your speech. V6Mustang.com is privately owned and we require members to abide by our rules and by the decisions of our staff. If you post outside these guidelines your post may be edited or deleted - any law or constitutional right your country may have regarding freedom of speech does not apply to this site.
- Posts and threads are to located in the appropriate topic area; moderators may move content that is inappropriately located.
- Posts should be well formatted. Use paragraphs, punctuation, and capital letters appropriately. Excessive use of Netspeak/LOLspeak (internet slang) and texting shortcuts (b4, str8, etc) is not permitted. Posts with violations may be edited or deleted without notification.
- The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite.
- Do not post protected or copyrighted material. Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forums without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. You cannot legally post entire articles or news in the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly its still copyright infringement. Under Fair Use provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article - or perhaps the opening paragraph. In either case please post a link to source. The exception to this rule is press releases; they are meant for distribution and can be copied and posted in their entirety. If you are not sure if you can copy something then always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.
- Participants may only have one account. Moderators may consolidate or delete multiple accounts.
- Requests for changes to your account should be made by using the Contact Us link at the bottom of every forum page.
- If we feel site rules are violated we may remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or restrict account access. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or any other member of our site team. Do not repost deleted material. This forum is largely self-policing, which means that moderators will respond and react to problems reported through the REPORT POST option, via the CONTACT FORM at the bottom of each page, or via PM. Do not hesitate to use these tools to report any problems regarding the forum.
- We may remove accounts that have no posts. If the account has many posts, completely deleting the account can significantly disrupt thread continuity. In that event, we may (at our discretion) disable your account in some or all of the following ways: change the user name, remove signature content, subscriptions, avatar and identifying information or replace it with fictitious info. We may change account options to refuse contact and/or ban the account. Where communication features were used to share information with other individuals (e.g., sending a personal message to another Forum user) we generally cannot remove content. If someone quoted your post, the original user name will be shown as having been quoted (which we cannot purge).
Someone has to interpret the above guidelines and how they apply to this forum. Ultimately it's up to our site team to make this decision. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please feel free to contact us.