RWHP needed for mid 12's with 3.27's

pkupman_77

stock motor....for now!
what would be needed for mid to high 12's with 3.27's in a '00 vert 5 sp? assuming DR's, Posi, and decent suspension work (LCA's, etc.)

pkupman_77

stock motor....for now!
Just wondering what the feasibility was of a 12 sec V-6 that still got 30mpg idling on the highway. I can see how hard it'd be now. Although I think justin squeaked 400 out of his TT set up with a stock motor. I can see where it might be possible if you made improvements to the engine that wouldn't affect mileage, like roller rockers, windstar intake, UDP, Balanced and Blueprinted the engine, kept the gears at 3.27's, then Turbo'd it. That'd be pretty cool in my book.

350 with a vert? Nah...more like 400. That car is heavy
At the crank...

Just wondering what the feasibility was of a 12 sec V-6 that still got 30mpg idling on the highway. I can see how hard it'd be now. Although I think justin squeaked 400 out of his TT set up with a stock motor. I can see where it might be possible if you made improvements to the engine that wouldn't affect mileage, like roller rockers, windstar intake, UDP, Balanced and Blueprinted the engine, kept the gears at 3.27's, then Turbo'd it. That'd be pretty cool in my book.
He made 450rwhp.

pkupman_77

stock motor....for now!
But that almost seems too easy! This isn't exactly a goal or anything, as I don't have the funds, time, etc right now (just had my first child 5 days ago!) But, I still think it'd be cool. I think it'd be nice to have that power in a DD (though ultimately unnecessary, guess it's that Blessed Excess hotrod thing)

itschristorres8

497rwhp 508rwtq
wow you guys are high balling the numbers
12.4-12.6 can be done with about 310-330rwhp with the same rwtq
in a coupe

edit

see you said suspension this can be done with 300rwhp for sure
depends really on the car its in

im basing it off the new edge coupe in your sig

itschristorres8

497rwhp 508rwtq
260-270rwhp will get it done, assuming some weight reduction and a solid suspension setup.

possible
ssms did 11.8 with that same setup:cool:
thats why im saying these guys are shooting way too high with 350rwhp and 400rwhp i'd want a minum of low 12s with suspension flat 12s and 400 11s!

LilRoush

Rare Roush Collector
possible
ssms did 11.8 with that same setup:cool:
thats why im saying these guys are shooting way too high with 350rwhp and 400rwhp i'd want a minum of low 12s with suspension flat 12s and 400 11s!

Only if your weight reduction includes selling the SN95 and running a fox coupe. Now way you'll get an SN95 to the race weight of a fox coupe.

greensteeda

Retired Speed Racer Mod. Suck It!
Only if your weight reduction includes selling the SN95 and running a fox coupe. Now way you'll get an SN95 to the race weight of a fox coupe.

I disagree. You can get an SN95 car down to 2200-2300 pounds with the right combination of taking things off and replacing with composites. Search for "Paul Bird" over at Corral.net or corner-carvers.com

I disagree. You can get an SN95 car down to 2200-2300 pounds with the right combination of taking things off and replacing with composites. Search for "Paul Bird" over at Corral.net or corner-carvers.com
SSM's car did also have full interior and the weight of a cage. Although none of this has anything to do with this thread and is pretty much just for argument's sake.:lol:

greensteeda

Ok, good point...

For the typical V6 owner it's not really within reach.

Very true. I can't think of anybody else who is really down to that race weight. I would love to be there one day though. Damn expensive carbon sheets.

greensteeda

SSM's car did also have full interior and the weight of a cage. Although none of this has anything to do with this thread and is pretty much just for argument's sake.:lol:

Yeah, pretty much. Well it does kind of help the situation because the less weight you have, the less hp you need to get those numbers, thus the higher your fuel economy would be.

Its like the 3 degrees of separation game:lol:

pkupman_77

stock motor....for now!
The concept I had when I started the thread was a V6 DD that ran mid to high 12's (non-nitrous), and got 30 mpg. From what I gathered by this thread, it seems do-able. Another thing that could be considered for the fuel efficiency end is the aerodynamics, etc.

d3ko

get blown
could 12's be reached with a 3k budget? This dosnt include a 5psi turbo setup already in the 2001...:uhh: :lol: