Sam Adams Utopia, where to buy?

94moosestang

Noob ************************* *******************
I saw a special on this beer. Apparently it's between 24-27% ABV and is the worlds strongest beer. The only problem is no one carries it. I've tried food-lion, farmfresh, VA-ABC, total wine and world market.

Has anyone tried this beer? Does anyone know where to get it? I've heard it goes for upwards of $150.00 for 750ml, ouch!

Chet

Lions > Bears
Better get ready to spend more than $150 for the bottle. But when purchasing it, think of it as a bottle of scotch, since you only drink a small portion at a time.

TGUNS06GT

I wish I had a 900hp wing
I tried it once..... my uncle has some(he's ****ing loaded) I think he got it from Cali or something... somewhere out west.

It was SOOO GOOD though!

cobra232

ahhh saw it on the history channel. i watched it too. they failed to mention Pabst was the first to can beer though.

Utopia is expensive. it's not bad but not a flavor like you would expect. it's tart alittle heavy and more like a conaq or brandy in overall impression minus the fruitniess of the conaq or brandy like it's prunish instead of hoppish. think of guiness in a flavor and like a conaq in qualitative properties. that's the closest i can describe it

94moosestang

Noob ************************* *******************
Good description. Is it like mild Hypnotic(the drink) then, or am I way off?

People want $400.00 on ebay for this beer! I still haven't found a place that sells the stuff. Cocaine is easier to get :p

TBone7281

00StangV6Coupe no more.
That wasn't a special... that was friggin Modern Marvels on the History Channel. :lol:

I also watched it tonight and that episode is now up there on my list with the one on cheese. :thumbup:

cobra232

That wasn't a special... that was friggin Modern Marvels on the History Channel. :lol:

I also watched it tonight and that episode is now up there on my list with the one on cheese. :thumbup:
not to change the subject but my motor will be done soon and hopefully i will see you and finally meet you over at keystone. i'm hoping for 400rwhp but my luck has been in the tank for awhile:(

TBone7281

00StangV6Coupe no more.
not to change the subject but my motor will be done soon and hopefully i will see you and finally meet you over at keystone. i'm hoping for 400rwhp but my luck has been in the tank for awhile:(
Sounds good. :thumbup:

Though, I uhhh had a small fire in the engine compartment at the end of June so my luck hasn't been spectacular. (Still, only like $20 in damage though so that's something.) Need to redo some wiring in the meantime though.

Derick

Best Of The Best
Better get ready to spend more than $150 for the bottle. But when purchasing it, think of it as a bottle of scotch, since you only drink a small portion at a time.
he could drive 200 miles and save enough money to buy 8 bottles.

dvon1981

Resident Beer Guy
good beer stores might still have it, most of it sold out months ago. I personally don't care for it, had it 5 or 6 times now. just contact a good beer store near you and ask.

cobra232

Sounds good. :thumbup:

Though, I uhhh had a small fire in the engine compartment at the end of June so my luck hasn't been spectacular. (Still, only like $20 in damage though so that's something.) Need to redo some wiring in the meantime though.
well it could have been alot worse. been on steel city stangs lately? i haven't been there in awhile

JamesButabi

no.......YES!!
Not sure if this was the same brew, but when I went to the Brewery in Boston last year they had something with a similar AC. I didnt care for it. It was almost like you were chewing the beer it was so thick and dark.

cobra232

Not sure if this was the same brew, but when I went to the Brewery in Boston last year they had something with a similar AC. I didnt care for it. It was almost like you were chewing the beer it was so thick and dark.
well that's probably a bock or double bock

Utopia is not thick. is a thin drink with a heavy hoppy flavor. alittle bitter from the hops but very unique. like i said earlier the closest thing i can describe it to is a good conaq except conaq is prunish in flavor and utopia is hoppish