SCT Advantage Tuning Software Setup

I just got the Advantage III software for my 3.8 Mustang, and when I start with the JPA1 tune I see a very limited parameter list, mostly auto transmission controls. Is this just because of the JPA1 processor code I'm using, is there a better code to start with? I used JPA1 because that is what the ECU is.

6 Shooter

Don't think so. You have to use a laptop, download Livelink from the SCT website, and have an X3 or X4 plugged into your laptop and the car with ignition key on, with the Livelink program loaded and turned on as well. Then, the system will show you maybe 2-300 items to data log. Once the connections are made, you will have to create a config.sys file to save the files of interest. Some files are duplicated. The pid files are the first choice if there are several to choose from. Livelink is fairly easy to use, but initially hard to fine what you are looking for. So, start Livelink and first choice is to "I want to create a config file" which will produce the long list. Can give you the list of parameters to choose from for a returnstyle fuel system.

AaronTG04

I just got the Advantage III software for my 3.8 Mustang, and when I start with the JPA1 tune I see a very limited parameter list, mostly auto transmission controls. Is this just because of the JPA1 processor code I'm using, is there a better code to start with? I used JPA1 because that is what the ECU is.
That happened to me once. Contact SCT they should be able to enable all the parameters. You can not use another processor code you can only tune your car.