Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

sct question.

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Armyofechoes, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Armyofechoes

Armyofechoes Active Member

So I just bought myself a 2010 premium model, came with a sct tuner and a bunch of other aftermarket stuff. Question is, how do I tell which tune is installed on my car? I can plug it in and when I go to custom tunes the only thing there is dmp 91 octane, strategy tune says not supported, and on vehicle info doesn't tell me anything except strategy and not sure if that means anything, also under device info for tune it says something like basic, does that mean my car isn't using a tune? And it's stock?

2. BRN2RUN

BRN2RUN Active Member

I'm not sure if there's any way to tell (others may know), but if you want to be sure of the tune that is on there, you can always upload the 91 octane tune and you'll at least know that much.

I would get in touch with whoever sold you the car and ask them what tune was on the car, if the tuning software had tunes for life (if Bama still honours an SCT device or whether when it's sold the tunes for life get cancelled), and if they had a backup of the stock file, just to be sure.

3. Armyofechoes

Armyofechoes Active Member

I'll try and see if I can but don't think it would work out, bought from a dealer. Kinda lame that the tuner wouldn't be able to tell you what tune was on the car. And so much performance stuff came with it not sure if it already is using the 91 tube or not.

Attached Files:

4. BRN2RUN

BRN2RUN Active Member

I have an old style Livewire, and I know that there's no way to tell what actual tune is on the car (if someone else were to need to know). Not sure if the newer style SCT tuners have that ability, or not. I agree, it's kind of lame that the dealer wouldn't be able to tell you (since if the car wasn't reverted back to the stock tune, someone easily could have put in a lower octane gas if the car was tuned for an octane higher than that). I would hope that whoever sold/ traded the car in would have reverted the car back to the stock tune.