Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shocks and struts

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by six gun, Sep 5, 2019.

1. six gun

six gun Active Member

I came from the Sturgis mustang rally in South Dakota where I live and discovered I like doing autocross. Also discovered my suspension sucks for it! I'm on ten year old OEM Bullitt struts and shocks, eibach progressive springs (replacing cut Bullitt linear springs, should've kept them but not changing back to linear.. yet) and the rest stock V6 stuff. I do have bullitt front and rear sway bars too.

I plan on buying bigger front and rear sway bars but where I'm stuck is finding people that have experience with adjustable shocks and struts e.g. Koni yellow, KYB AGX, Tokico D-Spec. I'm not really looking to switch to coilovers as I don't race enough to want them. Hoping someone has experience with a good set of shocks and struts that would like to share.

2. Pete fender

Pete fender Pete Fender

Start with new struts, to dampen the suspension.
    Fox body GT struts do me just fine, as my car is lowered, but you have to decide for yourself.

3. 08'MustangDude

08'MustangDude Profile Violation

I updated my front 32mm sway bar to a 3-way adjustable 35mm. Huge
    difference... I got a SR Front and Rear for $100, brand new, locally. The
    person, nice looking chick, that sold them to me has disappeared... I
    found her on FB selling, we met, got them, then tried to contact her about
    why the AD shows the brackets, bushings, and bolts, and I got plain bars
    with nothing else. Mind you, $100 was a steal regardless, I just had to buy
    35mm fronts for the factory brackets, and a universal 22mm kit for the
    rear. SO, about $140 total, for a $319.00 kit that would have had all the
    hardware. The rear one DID have the links, so that was at least a plus...

[​IMG]
    This was the one she sold me, without any mounting hardware...

She was in a 2010 V6.

4. six gun

six gun Active Member

Actually got the lock down on sway bars and in fact they are SR Performance - I learned they are made my Eibach and are the same thing just not red and $100+ cheaper.

I can see the fox shocks and struts working however I'm still wanting aftermarket ones that have at least a one way adjustment on them, so I can soften them up for the drag strip too.

5. kitsune1324

kitsune1324 Active Member

I'd recommend checking out the Road Racing/Auto X subforum on corral.net, they have any and all information you could want. With that in mind, i would recommend the entire Maximum Motorsports catalog. If you have questions on anything Jack (the owner) is extremely helpful and so is everyone on the forum. I ended up going with their coilover setup. I haven't seen the track (or really any miles) since I put it on but installing everything was a sinch.

Also check out Maximum Motorsports "Good Handling is Fun" walkthrough, it has a LOT of information that you would definitely find useful: Getting Started

six gun likes this.
  6. six gun

six gun Active Member

I do enjoy some maximum motorsports. Actually I do have their caster camber plates so far. Thanks for the link, I didn't realize those info pages were on there. Good info.