short-throw shifter, y/n....?

C

ctech

Hey guys im thinking of buying the short-throw shifter and a silver shiftknob for my 2001 silver mustang coupe (3.8 ofcourse ;)).

Anyway, i want to know if its worth buying? i know the shiftknob is nice, but that depends on the preference (to each his own hehe), but is the shifter worth it? does it really improve shifting?

_______
Thanks,

C

constantlylosing

i believe that the short throw shifter is worth it...anything overstock...well most anything is better ...what brand are you planning to buy...that makes a difference

C

ctech

http://hometown.aol.com/akonaracin/index.html

THe one on this site.

I think its good, its like the steeda.coms one except its 20$ less :)

C

constantlylosing

20$?????? what gives.....sounds a bit too cheap to me .........i dont know  you could buy it hey ....whats to  lose  20 bucks aint much...id say give it a try if you dont like it you can always throw it away and try something else...hmmmm looking at it again...its not the whole shifter i dont think.... its  just the handle...duhh me...its not as good as the steeda shifter tho or mac or the tri-ax the kona racing one still uses the stock shifter

S

sutil

i think wes, is right im saving my money for a steeda tri-ax shifter, fairway ford is seeling them like $10 cheaper than steeda itself. 8)

F

fr0ng

Ive heard a lot of good things about Steedas Tri-Ax Shifter..Ima get me one of those. =]

J

jablount14

my buddy just got one he told me it was a pain in the rear end to put in it. he also told me very nice and fun to drive. you no hhow its hard to power shift from 2-3 on the mustang well from 2-3 its spring loaded i think thats what he said.

F

fr0ng

Yea, it makes it a lot easier to shift from 2 to 3...go sit in a new stickshift BMW...they feel like that.