Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

should i buy it?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tallkid123, Nov 10, 2007.

1. tallkid123

tallkid123 New Member

ok so. i'm looking at mustangs. i originally wanted a v8 manual. i have about 5k, but i cant find anything with decent mileage.

my friend's snowboarding coach happens to be selling a mustang. he was planning on building it into an absolute monster. he started from the ground up. cobra r wheels, cobra r brakes, cobra r suspension. he had an engine and the parts to make about 600hp along with a transmission to handle it, but it never got installed. sold the engine and tranny.

now. green 95?ish mustang.

-cobra wheels, suspension, brakes
    -cat back
    -modded intake
    -x pipe
    -80k on car, 50k on new engine
    -auto =(
    -v6 =(

he's looking for 5500, but since i'm a friend he said 4500.

it looks awesome, handles like nobody's buisness, and stops like it just hit a brick wall. ya think it's worth it?

2. Wendy

Wendy Hi Guys!

Well, Kelly Blue Book is going to say something like $3500 if it's in excellent condition but it does have the upgrades. If they go to trade it in they won't get any more than that but if you bought a different one, you'd have to buy that stuff. Why did they have to rebuild the engine at 30k? (and it would be a dream if they rebuilt it with forged internals although that would be doubtful.)

What engine and parts was he planning to make 600hp? Just curious.
    If it's modded I might be a little suspicious of how hard it's been driven.

My personal opinion is that I wouldn't want an auto, but that's just me. There are a lot of v6's out there, I might look around first and get something that really fits you. On the other hand it's hard to find something in good shape at that age and you can always mod it, even change the transmission down the road if you're handy or decide to. Any that age should be pretty cheap, the big thing as you've said is finding one with the right mileage. :(

I think it would be fun for the money but it's ultimately what you're going to be happy with. It isn't a manual GT but life is full of compromises and there is a lot to be done with a v6!

3. JRicky

JRicky New Member

I'm content with a V6 and hey....its a great base for future mods....and if that engine was rebuilt with really good internals.....SUPERCHARGER!!!!

4. Wendy

Wendy Hi Guys!

Keep us posted on what you do! Even if you don't, we'd like to hear from you!

5. Animefreak1983

Animefreak1983 New Member

Well, it might be a good deal.
    If nothing else you could get a low priced v6 and take part of your cash and get a procharger put in. I've found em here with install for around three thousend.

Take care

Jeremy

6. 95lazerredstang

95lazerredstang New Member

do it!!!

i got a lazer red 95... parts are EASY to find, its got decent mileage (better than GT :lol: ) and honestly i love this car... the rite mods and whoo ull never think of anything else... and don't forget, it may be a v6, but its a stang too... i'd go for it, i bought mine with a bit of damage as a project car... ive had it since the summer and ive not only found replacements to the stuff i need to fix, but a ton of upgrades... and the fact that i got it at an amazing price didn't hurt either... :wink:
    bottom line i love my Vsixer and tealpony's got a 95 also... heh althou that's a car in great shape... so don't let the fact that its a sixer get u down kuz i read in a mag of some power adders (turbo) that could actualy make a sixer beat a cobra... :twisted:

7. Wendy

Wendy Hi Guys!

Re: do it!!!

Yes, mine can beat a cobra. Depends on his mods I guess, but he better come with something. :twisted:

8. layz

layz New Member

Re: do it!!!

ill come with a nitrous scooter. 8)