Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Single turbo build

Discussion in 'Personal Projects and Builds' started by Spdricer, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Spdricer

Spdricer Active Member

It's what separates the boys from the men my friend! this thing is really built.. and if I do this right I can make some nice reliable power

2. Spdricer

Spdricer Active Member

So my 1st attempt at installing the oil Pan went so smooth that I wasn't even worried about it I knew I had it in the bag with that mindset in my mind the 2nd time I went to install it for the final time I screwed it up in a bunch of ways and I applied the Gasket maker very messy I think I let it dry too long before I compressed the Pan it didn't feel right like the back gasket seem to be pushing out too hard I'm not sure if that's normal or because I put too much Gasket maker tomorrow before I bolt back in the K member I will fill it up with oil and run the motor and see if any leaks are present fingers crossed... I wanted to put 5 w 30 Driven racing oil as Phil requested phil sees my engine as pristine as he gave it to me but since delivery over the time that I've had it I'm ashamed to say i've ran it hot up to 225 I think it hit for a second one time by mistake so I put Mobil 1 synthetic 10 w 30

3. Spdricer

Spdricer Active Member

4. Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Bob Active Member

Mobile 1 full synthetic is good stuff. I wouldn't think Running at 225 a few times would hurt anything but performance. I have a couple of cars that run in that range.

Spdricer likes this.
  5. TammyInfub

TammyInfub Member

Hi Saundra,

My name is Jesenia and I live in Orlando while Im in school and in Lakeland when Im out or in Miami where Im from...so basically I live all over Florida I would love to meet someone with moyamoya too. I am 19, but I would love to meet you and your son. Let me know whats up.

Jesenia

6. Spdricer

Spdricer Active Member

7. Spdricer

Spdricer Active Member

So i got my oil system all good.. still getting everything hard mounted like the intercooler. Had to buy a bunch of stuff to create the pcv system. theres a pic in the lineup above that shows an egr tube i got at the junkyard off a ranger next to my down pipe. I cut the pipe and welded it in the down pipe at an angle with a check valve to create vacuum at boost and i have a hose from the intake with a check valve to create vacuum in lower velocity situations (at or near idle).. im going to temporarily mount the can near the battery because eventually ill move the battery to the trunk but i dont want to make too many unnessasary changes yet until the car is running good again.. the main reason for my post today is ive been missing on 2 cylinders and i finally had an ahaa moment where i realized my electrical connectors to my injectors were not secured good.. i made poor decisions when i dropped the motor in.. this is the consequence.. anyway thank the lord for youtube! i learned how and will be testing injectors this weekend and if need be taking off the intake and replacing them or sending them out to get bench tested and flow matched. I also got the colder plugs coming in the mail so almost ready for boost. Have to make a 3 foot connection from the end of my down pipe (under petals) to my h pipe (under back seat) so i bought pipes with bends and ball and socket joints. Sounds easy and cheap but it costed a lot just for those parts... this weekend my girl is working so weather permiting (not even because i have a tent) im pushing forward! Oh and i bought the 4 piston brembo brake kit used for 600 bucks pretty happy about that.. need to find a hydro boost kit to go with it next...

8. Spdricer

Spdricer Active Member

So I know this forum is pretty much on its last breath nowadays but whatever I'm gonna be consistent... I took off the intake I found the issue with my injector plugs I cleaned them up I held them together with zip ties and I put the intake back on I waited a day to fire the motor I checked the exhaust runners one at a time with the infrared thermometer but I had all kinds of wires and vacuum lines in the way so I couldn't get a good reading. I realized that heat soak will give me a false reading so its essential to do it on a cold start. So today I'm gonna move everything out of the way and try again if all looks good I will proceed to making the exhaust and securing the intercooler..

fasterthanyou likes this.