So Ive been looking for a cheap set of wheels

Sanchez

I CAN HEAR GOD
I have been looking for a cheap set of wheels for a couple weeks now. I currently have the stock 18x7 and Im looking for more of a 17x7.5, maybe 17x8. On these wheels Im going to put on sticky tires for track days in the summer, and snow tires in the winter. During the summer when Im not on the track, Im going to run the stock wheels because I like the way they look. Here is a pic of the stock wheels for reference on a black MS3 (like mine):

Ive found a few that have caught my eye, such as the Konig Lace, Rota Boost, and Rota Attack. However I dont want to be limited to just those.

Ive been trying the local classifieds, craigslist, etc. Im getting kind of frustrated when I find gems like this or this instead of what Im looking for.

So here I am, asking you guys what wheels you know of that can fit my car. Dimensions required are:

17x7.5 or 17x8
5x114.3
at least +45 offset
No heavier than 20lbs

Price can not be above $130 per wheel, in fact the lower the better. Looks do not really matter. Im not trying to get my **** stolen by homeboys, so it cant be chrome.

Do your worst.

Travis

Lexus ES350 - Nissan Skyline GTR
I'm sure you could find some rotas around that price. ****'s horrible though.

Sanchez

I CAN HEAR GOD
Ive seen more pictures of broken rotas than any other wheel. I like to try to convince myself that it wont happen to me, but Im going to have some of these on my track day. I just know if I go to hard into a turn, one of those tiny spokes are going to snap and send my **** into a barrier. The price is right though, and they're pretty light.

Rapscallion

Like I give a ****
17x8 Gunmetal pretty sure.

Or try to look for some Axis wheels. Lots of nice styles of those, too.

Attachments

• 2yn1dgn.jpg
    2yn1dgn.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 200

Rapscallion

Like I give a ****
Well hello there. These are something Im going to look more into. You wouldnt know the weight off chance, would you?

Looks like 17x7.5 are 15.3lbs. I doubt they would be less than $130/wheel at that weight. . .:uhh:

But, why get cheap wheels if you really want some nice wheels? Just wait a little longer and splurge.

Sanchez

I CAN HEAR GOD
Im not looking for nice wheels. Im looking for wheels I take to the track and put them on for racing only. Im also using these as my snow wheels in the winter. Looks arent that important and the price definitely has to be low. Im not taking $1600 worth of wheel through road salt.

Rapscallion

Like I give a ****
I've always liked these wheels. R1 Hype. Never heard about the quality of these wheels but they're definitely more affordable than the Work wheels @ ~ $160.00/wheel.

Sanchez

I CAN HEAR GOD
Also where are you finding these Works for less that $350/wheel? I need to see this site because the 3-4 Ive seen it would be well over $1200 for a set of 4. Thats over double what Im wanting to pay.

They are pretty nice though.

Sanchez

I CAN HEAR GOD
Stock mazda wheels are normally pretty heavy or too narrow. The only wheels I'd want that come from mazda are the forged mazdaspeed racing wheels (17lbs a piece and strong as hell). However theyre 18x7.5 and $2200. Two things that deter me.

Sanchez

I CAN HEAR GOD
From the 98 v6?

Those really arent a bad idea for what I want but man I think the offset kills that idea. Let me check.

Edit:

Checked and yeah the offset is too small and the lugnuts are different. That would have been great to have some mustang starfish centercaps on a mazdaspeed 3 though.

Sanchez

I CAN HEAR GOD
I've always liked these wheels. R1 Hype. Never heard about the quality of these wheels but they're definitely more affordable than the Work wheels @ ~ $160.00/wheel.

According to their website the smallest that wheel comes in is a 19x8. Thanks though.

kcoon24

From the 98 v6?

Those really arent a bad idea for what I want but man I think the offset kills that idea. Let me check.

Edit:

Checked and yeah the offset is too small and the lugnuts are different. That would have been great to have some mustang starfish centercaps on a mazdaspeed 3 though.

damn. that would have been the best just for laughs and for functionality.