So what am i not allowed to do (car related)??

investinwaffles

3.8's Other Indian™
Yea, so i was just wondering what the laws are about driving. Its hard to explain, but like am i allowed to accelerate as fast as i want (but below the speed limit), power shift (again, under the limit), peel out, etc.

i was just wondering, cause im young and never really learned what is allowed, and not allowed.

Sick96stang

Viper > Vette
investinwaffles said:
Yea, so i was just wondering what the laws are about driving. Its hard to explain, but like am i allowed to accelerate as fast as i want (but below the speed limit), power shift (again, under the limit), peel out, etc.

i was just wondering, cause im young and never really learned what is allowed, and not allowed.

Well laws differ from state to state of course, but from my experience this is what I know at least in Arizona. You could probably get ticketed for waste of finite resource for accelerating to fast, definetely cant peel out thats reckless driving, power shift (I wouldn't recommend it for your transmissions sake) but you could probably do that just so long as you dont kick your rear end out sideways. Basically if u do anything but drive completely normal a cop should be able to find some bullshit law to write you up for.

fastmustangs1

The Unicorned Handler
Sick96stang said:
Well laws differ from state to state of course, but from my experience this is what I know at least in Arizona. You could probably get ticketed for waste of finite resource for accelerating to fast, definetely cant peel out thats reckless driving, power shift (I wouldn't recommend it for your transmissions sake) but you could probably do that just so long as you dont kick your rear end out sideways. Basically if u do anything but drive completely normal a cop should be able to find some bull**** law to write you up for.

Yea your right, diff states have diff laws. Check to see what is legal in your state about speeding, burnouts etc.
Out here in Cali it is illegal to do burnouts etc.

tehnick

ʞɔıuɥǝʇ
If you so much as squeal your tires here in the Portland Metro area, the cops will be on your ass. Depending on the cop, you may get ****ed. Some shitwad cock gulper of a cop tried to give me a $1,500 ticket for a 2 second squeal for "street racing", intentional exhibition, and reckless driving. They also would have towed my car and I ran the risk of being put in jail. I asked him how he was gonna issue a ticket to me in a private parking lot and that he was more than welcome to run my license and check my driving record to see just how clean it is. His partner ran my info, it came back squeaky clean, and his partner decided to let me go. The other guy was pissed. He wanted blood. Too bad he was a cop because I wish I could have broken his jaw for being a dick.

Sick96stang

Viper > Vette
tehnick said:
If you so much as squeal your tires here in the Portland Metro area, the cops will be on your ass. Depending on the cop, you may get ****ed. Some ****wad cock gulper of a cop tried to give me a $1,500 ticket for a 2 second squeal for "street racing", intentional exhibition, and reckless driving. They also would have towed my car and I ran the risk of being put in jail. I asked him how he was gonna issue a ticket to me in a private parking lot and that he was more than welcome to run my license and check my driving record to see just how clean it is. His partner ran my info, it came back squeaky clean, and his partner decided to let me go. The other guy was pissed. He wanted blood. Too bad he was a cop because I wish I could have broken his jaw for being a ****.

yes, **** the police, I have met one cool cop out of the 50 dick cops I have had to encounter. The reason the one cop was cool was because he said he speeds and doesnt pull people over for speeding unless he feels it is a real endangerment which is what the law should be. All those asshole cops go around speeding everywhere a cop pulls them over they just flash there stupid badge and they go free, bunch of damn hypocrits.