Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Softball?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Derick, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

Yeah, I want something soft. Was looking at lizard and vulcan brand ones.

2. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

i was gonna say lizards skins are super popular too. a few years back, easton had some really nice leather grips that were padded. not sure if they still make them but i did see some "vrs" grips out on amazon. thats what they use for batting gloves too so i bet its pretty nice. vrs = vibration reduction system.

3. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

Freakin hate not playing. Good game tonight and all i could do is hang out. I actually sat down for about ten seconds but had to get up bc it felt so weird. **** sucks.

Wandler likes this.
  4. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

Getting a late start, but BP starts today. About that time, bois.

5. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

lulz first big tourney of the year coming up, and all the local guys have been clowning on it. i don't put a team into this tourney out of principle, but can't even play this year due to my nuts getting chopped off.

anyways.......it's a freakin racket. which i'd actually be fine with if they would call it what it is. the tourney is already the highest cost that comes through here, but then they charge a "sanction fee" to play for this "association". it's called PSA which isn't an official softball sanction like ASA, USSSA, NSA, SUSSA, etc. then after the sanction fee you have to buy their own balls (70/dozen which is ten bucks more than standard). at this point it's roughly 50% more than most tournaments. what sets off the locals is they throw on an admission/gate fee of $2 which includes players, and they pushed it out to two days. :lol: if a team goes through more than a dozen balls which most will do, the tourney costs near double what most tournaments that come through do.

what busts me up the most is people say it's rigged too. i really don't doubt it after seeing the dumbass random fees. this association has a handful of teams that travel to all the tourneys from OK to MS, and calls seem to go the way of those teams. the association also has their own umps. :uhh: i will def be at the tourney, but in spectator mode.

Jeff likes this.
  6. Jeff

Jeff Custom Title:

That sounds sketchy to the maxx

7. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

pretty much while the local teams are pissy, and a few are boycotting. the tourney people should have just said $400/team with a dozen balls included. Additional dozen 70 or XX per ball. Plus $2 gate charge. they do have payouts, but odds are one of the association team wins it.

8. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

oh that tourney........got rained out so rescheduled to following weekend. then 4 days later they moved it to STL. what a joke :lol:

today though....league schedules are out, and i'm sure the city is getting an ear full. there is one double header league that last 8 weeks. most nights your games are back to back. we have two weeks where they aren't, and i'm not really happy about it. got to looking at the rest of the teams, and one of them has 4 nights where they have an hour wait in between games. there is no way that will fly.

having a 6pm and 7pm game for me means leaving the house at 5 and getting back home at 830. when they make the games 6pm and 8pm, i end up being gone for 4.5 hours. its even worse when the the split is a 7pm and 9pm b/c then not home til 1030.

9. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

First games last night and split.

****ed my shoulder up too in the process. I play second and was running into right to grab a fly ball, called off the RF, but he still plows into me. I fly into the air and land directly on my shoulder. Now I can hardly move my arm and it hurts like hell. No bruising so I'm hoping it's nothing serious.

Jeff likes this.
  10. GrumpyStang

GrumpyStang Well-Known Member Supporting Member

this is exactly how I tore my rotator cuff but we were playing kickball

Jeff likes this.
  11. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

had a collision like that before, but i was in rcf and neither of us heard each other. not b/c of that, but i probably need to get my shoulder looked at. have needed to for years, but it never actually hurts. if i do a circle motion it pops a few times over my shoulder.

side note......my teams be sucking this year. no one is hitting for a high average and a couple guys trying to hit bombs everytime. all good though b/c one person is hitting for a high average.......692 now as of last night.

12. Jeff

Jeff Custom Title:

Is that you?

Worst collision I've had in sports was getting cross checked in the back in lax. Almost bit all the way through my tongue cause my mouth guard fell out. Still have little skin flap cause it didn't heal back normal. The ladies love it ;)

13. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

of course, but it's mostly singles. im just place hitting now b/c i've backed off alot this year. we may only play one or two tourneys. i've also taken myself off the field for the most part, and bat in the bottom of the order. i started the season that way b/c i was still feeling some discomfort from the snip snip. recovery took longer than expected and i started to really like my lazy ass mode in softball.

probably quit running teams next year, and just play one night per week at any level. been pretty bored with softball this year.

Jeff likes this.
  14. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

2/3 in both games last night. lowered my avg :cry:

did actually hit for extra bases last night. painted the opposite line and it rolled into the corner. automatic triple, but the guy was lolly gagging so i touched em all.

Jeff likes this.
  15. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

Probably out this week, maybe longer. Can't make a throwing motion and can't move my arm behind my body.

16. GrumpyStang

GrumpyStang Well-Known Member Supporting Member

aka you have a slight tear in your rotator cuff

Jeff likes this.
  17. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

my pitcher got absolutely drilled last night. rocket shot right at his knee. he's lucky it was just a bit off center b/c dead on something would have broke. it was a perfect circle and you could see the stitches. dudes a champ though. he walked it off, finished the game, and pitched the next game. the next inning a guy blasted one that went between his legs. i would have called it quits after that :lol:

all of the guys on the other team are freakin monsters. one of the better teams in town that consists of all body builders. one of their guys actually plays semi. he's restricted from playing in most tournaments around here, but they don't have any restrictions for league play. not sure who he plays for professionally nowadays, but a year ago he was one of like 20 dudes picked to play on the national team.

he wasn't there last night, but says enough that the team we played is who he chooses to play on locally. they good.

18. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

@Wandler next time you guys need mens balls, get these...

12" (52 COR/300 LBS)-

have you seen them where you play? they will last forever. it's a one piece plastic cover so they don't get water logged at all. they hold up to the weather extremely well too. with normal balls, i go through a dozen per month and probably have 100 retired balls now. i've had a few of these one piece balls last me a month each.

edit: pm me your address if you want a free one. i just bought some used off a local guy, but they are marked by rival teams. I can't use them in league so I'd send you two.

edit2: two dozen new incoming.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  19. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

You guys use your own balls?

20. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

yep. league provide yours?