Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Softball?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Derick, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Jeff

Jeff Custom Title:

Roller. No ice here in town

2. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

nice. thats the only way to go. didn't think you would have ice down there so just making sure you weren't running around in your shoes :lol:

Jeff likes this.
  3. Jeff

Jeff Custom Title:

I played a little floor hockey in an IM league at UCF. **** that noise

4. Jeff

Jeff Custom Title:

Fml a team needs a goalie tonight. This will be four days in a row I've played lol

5. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

i had a two week stretch earlier this year. **** that noise........but can never say no :lol:. if i got something going on, i stick to those plans but if im not doing **** im always game to play.

6. Jeff

Jeff Custom Title:

That's exactly how I am. I couldn't commit to the league since hopefully I'll be floating more and more people, but I'll always come play if they need me and I'm available. And this way I'm not paying anything

7. Jeff

Jeff Custom Title:

So the game I played tonight was the A league. Wayyy faster pace than the B league last night lol. We lost 6-5. I had a few great saves tho

Derick and Gcrop like this.
  8. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

i suspect the levels are similar to softball. we have no A (never even heard of A league softball) so B is the highest. we lose a couple C games all year long, and thats it. B though is always a battle. the difference between a B and C team in softball is how many B players the C team has.

9. Jeff

Jeff Custom Title:

It's similar I'd guess. Top players in A, decent-average play B, but some play in both. C league is mostly people new to the sport and some B league players to help move things along.

10. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

sounds like the difference is our top guys play both b/c the nights don't overlap. There are more C teams so you don't notice as many B players, but they are all on some team. i bet softball also has more "lifers" too. i dunno how some of these guys do it. they are out there every single night and will play even in D and E. that's kinda horseshit b/c i won't even play E, and just sometimes will play D, but no real roster reinforcement out there. it's just league though so no one really cares. tourneys though players are classified and rosters strictly enforced.

at state games this year my team roster checked our opponent the game before title game. we knew every single one of them from league (all friends) and they were freakin loaded up. half the guys in the dugout were playing in the highest division that very day and were just in between games. i didn't really care but the guys i was playing with apparently got roster checked by them the previous year so it was just payback. shitty part is you can put 22 people on a roster. that's what they had done just so the coach could pick and choose who he wanted to play from competitive. we beat em anways :lol: they were not happy at all.

Jeff likes this.
  11. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

Last big tourney this weekend, and only 3 league nights left :cry:

ABs - 139
    Hits/Walks - 100
    Avg - 0.719424

:coolface:

I know i missed some games, but that wouldn't change the avg. I consistently made one out per game so normally 2/3 or 3/4. Only a handful of 1/3 and 2/4 games with no 0fer games. With the season winding down I start try harding a bit more to pad the stats. Really should have been 4/4 last night but dude made a nice catch. oh well...3/4 still improves avg.

12. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

You keep track of your stats? For softball?

Jeff likes this.
  13. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

yep. just mine though. not like its hard to do since i already have a clipboard and pen. at the end of the game i just make a note of X/X and thats it.

alot of teams keep books. i've done it before for guys who wanted it done, but was too much of a pain so I quit. for a while we worked off a point system which was actually a lot of fun. the lineup card was dry erase and only had a couple columns. if you did not create an out +1, make and out -1. everyone threw in ten bucks at teh start of the season and winner take all.

14. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

Thank god.....won a league this year. Lost 5 other leagues by one game, and we tried to blow this fall league. We were undefeated last week with 2 games left, and no one else undefeated. A win would have sealed it us for b/c they just go by record and will have co-champs. Anyways, lost last week so there ended up being four 1 loss teams going into the final night last night. We had to play the second best team in the league, and we 10 runned them. It would have been worse but we were home team so it just stopped at 10.

Feels good. Would have been kinda pissed if this would have been the first year I didn't get a shitty t shirt :lol: Actually winning leagues I why I go through the hassle of running two diff teams on diff nights all year long. Pretty sure I got my main squad now so probably cutting back to just one night next year. I'll play for other people on diff nights, but one team is prob jsut down to one. I'll post a pic of the sweet ass shirt when I get them :lol:

15. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

first day of BP today. woot. we used to hit all winter but nowadays most of us don't start until march

16. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

@Wandler your league have rules on subs?

Bunch of B league guys butt hurt b/c they got banned from E this year :lol: I'm all for letting them sub, but it's gotta be restricted. As in one maybe two subs allowed, and make them swing a shitty wood bat. The city did it for safety reasons which I understand as well. Shouldn't really have the best guys in town hitting balls at girls who have their glove on the wrong hand. I see both sides of it really. For Ex: one of my good buddies plays in the B league. One night of the week he plays with his family though, and they didn't win a single game in D last year. They dropped to E this year, and he got booted last night. What's really dumb is his name is on the team so they let him register the team when he was on the ban list for it :lol: He's not pleased at all. The guy does it right though.....he pitches to take himself off the field, and also serves up good pitches to the other team intentionally. He half swings everything to opposite too which is left field for him being a lefty. I fell bad for him with this rule, but not the other lifer type guys that play like it's game 7 when they drop down to E.

17. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

Players can only play one league higher or lower than their classification. Not sure on co-ed.

18. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

city have a database where every player is assigned a rank?

we don't which is why this is kinda silly. the rule is if you're on a B roster you cannot play in E. Sounds great, but there are no B leagues in the fall so then the rule is pointless.

19. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

We're sanctioned under the state so everything goes thru them.

20. Gcrop

Gcrop Grit and Grind

Daughter had her first TBall game tonight. This the thread to discuss?

Jeff, Derick and Wandler like this.