SOLVED (removing black window border?)

blackenedESP

is there a way to remove that black border around the inside of the quarter windows?

i'm gonna get a rear window louver and planned on getting tints all around. seeing how it's illegal to get the windshield, driver, and passenger side windows tinted at all (at least in NJ), i figured i just leave everything clear. it would look ridiculous just doing the quarter windows. at the same time though, that black border around the quarter windows looks stupid as well.

blackenedESP

no no, i think you guys misunderstood what i'm saying. i was going to get everything tinted but since it's illegal to do the windshield, driver, and passenger's side, i'm gonna leave everything untinted. i don't want to tint just the quarter windows. but since i'm leaving it untinted, i want to get rid of the black border/dot matrix because it looks stupid.

mysteed

is back!
Yes it can be done. All that you need is a fresh razorblade and some throttlebody/carb cleaner. Scrape everything off that you can then get the rest of it off with the cleaner. It will be VERY messy and time consuming so be prepared to spend half a day doing it.

It's not worth the effort to try and remove it all. Like mysteed said it'll be messy and time consuming, pretty stupid for something that doesn't make a big difference compared to just tinting it right or putting vinyl over it.

blackenedESP

yeah but my point is, i think it would look stupid just tinting the little quarter window but not the driver and passenger side windows, which i'm legally not allowed to do. if i'm gonna tint, i'd want to tint everything. if not, i'd want everything to be clear.

Mysteed: you sound like you're speaking from experience. is there anything you haven't done? ha.

Yeah, I understand that - if we weren't allowed tint on the front windows here I'd stick with the clearness all around. Just keep the glass clean, smudges suck, haha