Sony delays PS3 Launch Till November

SilverOne

InitialG said:
I know the feeling :(

Just start saving now :D You can do it! Start now, and set aside $100 a month, and by november you should have enough for your PS3, and perhaps a few games depending on its price. If it really does cost about $1000, then we're all screwed :mad:

Gameboy_J

Coming Soon...Coilovers.
For whoever said XBOX live was near perfect, I say to you HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Live crashes for "updates" all the time, I will be playing then all of a sudden when I try to start up the next round of Halo 2 team slayer it gives an error and tells me to try later. Then half the time the people I am playing with are either lagging so hard it sucks to play, or modding so bad I cant even play.

They still have some work to do before its perfect, just my $.02
....but dam that sh1t is addicting nonetheless :D

SilverOne

gameboy_J said:
For whoever said XBOX live was near perfect, I say to you HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Live crashes for "updates" all the time, I will be playing then all of a sudden when I try to start up the next round of Halo 2 team slayer it gives an error and tells me to try later. Then half the time the people I am playing with are either lagging so hard it sucks to play, or modding so bad I cant even play.

I'm the one that said that. I have never once had a problem, nor a crash with my live service. And do you have a 360? That is what I am referring to as the "near perfect" service. The 360 interface that integrates Live into almost every facet is amazing.

I still think Live is a near perfect service. If you don't agree, go play a PS2 game online then come back and report lol.

03mustangdude

never ever had xbl crash on me not once since i got the xbox day after release, i've had it go haywire when i used a ehternet cable to my pc and then reroute it to my wireless router, but that's understandable. other than that no problems no lag.

ExoDus

Best member nobody knows
I think I'll wait till all the meaty, delicious xbox 360 games come out to buy it. That, and I'll wait to the next generation of 360's so that they will not have many, or any, bugs to them. New consoles always have too many bugs at first, so I always wait till they're worked out. :thumbup:

Hopefully the price will come down also, once retailers start offering more "core" packages

Dennis1417

gameboy_J said:

I have NEVER ONCE had a problem with Live. Like Silver said, its nearly perfect. Sony should take some notes.

Vash

3.8= drama for your momma
just curious.. but isn't sony's online free? compared to xbox live's yearly fee?

InitialG

MadSteeze
Vash said:
just curious.. but isn't sony's online free? compared to xbox live's yearly fee?
Depends on the game developer, SOCOM games are free but Final Fantasy XI isn't. I assume the new system will be just like live though.

StealthCobra

Fuel Slut
I cant wait til it launches. Do you guys think the launch will be as crazy as Xbox 360s?
If so, Im getting my whole family to go so we can get about 5 and resell them all. :cool:

SilverOne

99GT35th said:
I cant wait til it launches. Do you guys think the launch will be as crazy as Xbox 360s?
If so, Im getting my whole family to go so we can get about 5 and resell them all. :cool:

I don't think the resell on these things will be the same as it was with the xbox. Sony has more time to produce. Plus, with a price tag of $500-1000 you're not gonna see as many (but still tons) of people buying them.

Watch out for the darkhorse; I think Nintendo is gonna do much, much better than anyone expects.

ExoDus

Best member nobody knows
SilverOne said:
I don't think the resell on these things will be the same as it was with the xbox. Sony has more time to produce. Plus, with a price tag of $500-1000 you're not gonna see as many (but still tons) of people buying them.

Watch out for the darkhorse; I think Nintendo is gonna do much, much better than anyone expects.

Depends on the Revolution's graphics capabilities. If it's not much better than the current gamecube, it could bomb. I'm a nintendo fan, but I won't buy one unless it at least comes close to xbox 360.

SilverOne

GreenStangV6 said:
Depends on the Revolution's graphics capabilities. If it's not much better than the current gamecube, it could bomb. I'm a nintendo fan, but I won't buy one unless it at least comes close to xbox 360.

Nobody is interested in the Revolution because of its graphics. Nintendo has been saying since its inception that the Revolution is not about flashy graphics. It is about innovation, and fun games. Just look at the nintendo DS. Compared to the PSP it is technologically inferior, waaaaay inferior.

But DS sales are absolutely spanking the PSP, especially in Japan. You still can't find DS on shelves in Japan, to this day. The Revolution also has a HUGE advantage with its Virtual Arcade, offering almost every Nintendo game ever released on every system.

The revolution will sell, trust me. I wouldn't be surprised if it sells more units than the PS3 around Christmas, and apparently I don't stand alone. There are many, many people in the gaming industry who have made the same prediction.