Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Soon to be..

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Stangfanatic98, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Stangfanatic98

Stangfanatic98 Added 0.2L

Well, I think I am pretty much convinced I'm going to buy a 06' V6 mustang coupe, 5-speed, vista blue, with a pony package and white stripe with the 17" bullitts. I'm very excited, but I just have to figure out how I can finance the loan :rolleyes:

I'm making pretty decent money for an 18 year old so I can definately afford the car and I have a 'perfect' driving record. Never been pulled over or gotten in an accident.

I have a question though. I read somewhere that the v6's have T-5 transmissions. This can't be true? I ask because I still have my MGW short shifter from my 98' v6 and it fits a t-45/t-5 tranny. What exactly is in the new ones?

Also, what exactly is in the rear end? I have 7.5" 3.73's and a t-lok that was never installed but was bought used. Will they interfere with the traction control, and will they even fit in there to begin with?

2. Jt Stang

Jt Stang Mach 1 Driver

why buy another v6?

3. Stangfanatic98

I'm not a kid whose mommy and daddy just give him what he wants. What company is going to give an 18 year old insurance on a GT? Even if they do, I'm not going to pay $300+ in insurance alone. I'll get my beast later.

I'd be VERY content with this car.

4. Jt Stang

Jt Stang Mach 1 Driver

no one said mommy and daddy gave me ****... if i had the money i would buy a V6 body and build me a hot rob, still paying insurance on a v6 with the beast within..... for the price you will pay for a 05 v6.....

5. Stangfanatic98

No, I'm not trying to slam you. I'm just saying I get what I work for. My goal is to work for Porshe when I graduate from UTI. I'll be making BOOKOO bucks at the dealership and I hope to buy one of the new 911's they're making now. I'll have a beast when I'm out of college. I can't afford living expenses, rent, college, and 2 cars all at the same time. I can't have a 'daily driver' beast, if you get my drift.

6. Flyboy 06

Flyboy 06 Hi, Im your pal Greg

It is indeed a T5, is what makes it different is that it is mounted too far forward, so a standard shifter wont work. If you get under the car and look, your shifter actually sits just behind the yoke at the back of the tranny. To remedy this problem, the shifter is mounted to the body and a rail goes forward to the tranny to do the shifting. Thats why I told you that I will sell you my extra hurst if you get the stang, you cant use the one you have. And I am 99% sure these cars have 7.5 rear ends. Good luck on the purchase:thumbup:.

7. Stangfanatic98

That's a lot for clearing that up. I'm definately keeping you in mind :thumbup:

8. neatofrito1618

neatofrito1618 ...

Awsome choice.:thumbup: IMO they fixed everything they ****ed up with the regular V6's with the pony package.

9. Stangfanatic98

I made sure to get the premium v6 with 'interior upgrade' package

This car is going to be so sweetttttttttttttt I am so itching to get in there and pop in a Switched cd with that Shaker 500 blaring and cruise the streets:cool:

10. Gash05

Gash05 New Member

Good choice on the 2006 v6 instead of giving in and getting a used GT...in my opinion, these cars are WAAAY better then the 1999-2004 GTs because:

1. They turn heads EVERYWHERE!
    2. Because of the added HP and gearing, stock vs. stock they'll give the SN95 GT's a good run for their money, and with a few mods, they'll be right there with them (especially the automatic GT's, you'll eat those all day long).

If you want a power comparison, check out the 1995-1998 Mustang GTs. Some may disagree with me, but from personal experience, a 2005-2006 v6 Mustang WILL keep up with a 1995-1998 GT, especially on the highway. I raced a yellow Mustang GT on the highway from about a 55mph roll, dead even the whole way with the exception of him pulling maybe 2 feet on me at most and by the time my limiter hit, it was pretty obvious that our cars were pretty much the same in power.

So anyways, you'll definately love this car! It's freakin quick as hell in stock form, and responds very well to modifications. We've got an auto at http://www.40collective.com who's putting down 213rwhp I believe with exhaust, intake and tune.

11. Flyboy 06

What color? I have satin silver, and I think that it looks best stock, but I think the dark blue looks better with body kits in my humble opinion.

12. Gash05

Gash05 New Member

I have Mineral Grey. I've always loved the mineral grey on Mustangs, especially the Roush's. Silver is alright too, but I love mine the best :)

13. Stangfanatic98

I was thinking the same thing myself. I AM getting the Vista Blue (the darker one). The very first thing I want to do is buy a GT bumper and MAC exhaust. That car would give me a boner every time I put the key in :rolleyes: [/immaturity]

14. Flyboy 06

I have the mac muffler. I love it. Ill post a clip for you. That blue is nice, there arent many colors I dont like really lol. I thought about buying a GT bumper because I want to put on a chin spoiler, and most are for the GT. But after I looked at how much it would cost for a new front end and a chin spoiler, I would rather just get a body kit fascia.

15. Gash05

Gash05 New Member

Did you check out the selection at v6mustangstuff.com? I'm thinking about buying the front bumper, fogs, and the leather seats too! Hehe, im so happy they have the leather seats, much better then paying Katskin like 800 bucks for some custom ones.

16. sanitarium16

sanitarium16 New Member

I raced a 05 v6 when i first got my GT when it was stock. It took me maybe 3 seconds to start pulling on it and once i did it was all over. They're not that fast. Why not get a 2002 GT or something. It will sure cost less and you can use that left over money to pay off your insurance. Just a thought.

17. Gash05

Gash05 New Member

lol well it sucks for the dude with that 2005...I still stand by my statement though, get the new v6. Not only is it quick as hell in stock form, it'll turn soooo many heads it isn't even funny. But in the end it really comes down to what you want to be driving everyday.

The 2006 Mustang would be a new car. You get that warranty that you'll be voiding within a few months :) It'll drive great, no problems at all and it'll turn heads like crazy.

Or, you could get a 1999-2004 Mustang GT. I don't know the insurance difference but I'm sure the GT is a little bit more. It's a V8 so you'll get that nice muscle sound. The bad thing is, it's been about 7 years since this model came out, so there's bound to be TONS of them driving around, so you won't turn many heads, but it'll be a bit faster. Also it'll be a used car and you have no idea how to previous owner treated it, scheduled maintenance and all that jazz.

Personally, if you want great stock power, amazing styling and a lot of modding potential, I'd get the S197 (2005-2006) Mustang. If you want some more information read some of the threads at www.40collective.com. Lots of information over there :)

18. 95stangman

95stangman 3.8's latin lover

I would like to get an 05, 06 6'r for the same reasons....Insurance is a beeeoooch. but then I think about making payments for like five years and start getting:(

19. sanitarium16

sanitarium16 New Member

It is ultimatley up to you. Personally If i had your money i would get a 99-04 GT. Even if the new car comes with a warranty your probably going to want it to be faster and mod it which will immediatley void your warranty. I love the looks of the V6 pony package, a kid i know has one and it is sweet. Sure the insurance of the v8 is a little higher but your still paying sports car premium even with the v6. The V8 appeal in itself is worth it. Like i said before, it is up to you but that is my 2 cents.

20. slickwilly08

slickwilly08 Active Member

Yeah, and how many thousands of $'s worth of mods did you spend?

Stock hp on your car is 225, ours is 210. Big difference right?:disgust: