Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Soon to be..

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Stangfanatic98, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Gash05

Gash05 New Member

Yeah 15bhp isn't a whole lot of difference, especially when you can get a C&L or Demolet intake and a SCT-2 tuner and have nearly 200rwhp right off the bat. Add in the weight difference and there you go.

Here's something you might like to see: http://american-speed.com/collective/forums/showthread.php?t=87

Our guy ricklmesa at the 4.0 Collective dynoed his car at 213RWHP and 242RWTQ. His only mods were an MMR Intake, JBA duals w/x-pipe (not sure if it was catted or not) and then he took his car in for a custom tune. 213rwhp and 242rwtq is crazy with three mods and a tune don't you think? I don't know how much RWHP the stock 1999-2004 GT's put out, but I bet it's really close to what this 4.0 is running.

2. mus232

mus232 New Member

the hp is close,but a v8 has alot more torque

3. sanitarium16

sanitarium16 New Member

It was stock vs stock and i easily beat the V6. Now foget it my car will blow its doors off. MOD FOR MOD, my car vs a V6 is no contest. TORQUE STOCK 295 vs 240 STOCK for 2005. How many thousands of dollars will you spend with the v6 TO GET IT TO BE LIKE A GT!:uhh:

4. mus232

mus232 New Member

i just traded my 02 v6 for a 06 gt and what a world of difference.the power is awsome conpared to a v6.

5. Gash05

Gash05 New Member

Either you raced someone who couldn't drive their new car very well or you're playing your car up a bit. The GT I raced on the highway was an auto with exhaust...like I said, he pulled on me a couple feet since my nose was at his driver-side fender, but nothing impressive at all. The look on his face was impressive enough as I passed on by, because he knew I was a six.

I'm not dissing on your car or anything, but GT owners have always lived in their little world because Ford never gave the v6 much pep, but this generation they definately came through for the little guy. I'd say 7 out of 10 times a new v6 would stay even, or walk a 1994-1998 GT. From first-hand experience, I'm confident in saying that.

6. coltstang123

coltstang123 New Member

I think the 05s-06s look like **** there too big and fat and everyone will have one in a year anyways. If ur gonna get one the only way to go is with a pree 05 gt, with the same cost or less on mods u can crank out alot more power with the gt or u could buy a revampd 1968/67 mustang fastback for less than a new 06 v6 stang

7. Flyboy 06

Flyboy 06 Hi, Im your pal Greg

You all seem to be forgetting weight. Its not just that the V6 is 150 lbs lighter, but its 150 lbs lighter in the front for better weight distribution. That means that suspension for suspension mod, a V6 will take a GT in the twisties. And going in a straight line isnt everything. The lower rotating mass means a faster spool up. And besides, whats the fun in making a GT fast? a fast V6 will turn more heads.

8. Flyboy 06

Thanks for telling us:thumbup:. And buying a used car doesnt allow financing, or deals from Ford. Buy a 67 fastback private party, and your paying everything up front out of pocket, buy a new car and you can finance. The whole reason he is getting a V6 is money. The safety features will make insurance cheaper. A 67 fastback is a toy, he needs a reliable daily driver that will be safe. think about, its not as easy as you make it seem.

9. coltstang123

coltstang123 New Member

yes it is it is as simple as that think out side the box [] :crazy: and most people dont even know the difference between a v6 and a gt plus the mods for a v8 are cheeper

10. Flyboy 06

Think outside the box? there is no creativity when It comes to financing, only smart investing which you cant do when your just paying money. And not all mods are cheaper. If I get forged pistons, I have to buy 2 less than you. I cant think of anything else that would have a price difference due to the two cylinders. And who cars if mods are cheaper when your buying more gas. In the long run, a V6 owner will pay less because of gas. V8's are great, but besides the extra displacement, and cool sound, they have no advantage over a V6.

11. sanitarium16

sanitarium16 New Member

reguarless of how fast you make a v6 people are still going to say "its just a v6". I would never again own another v6 mustang. If you want a cheap car and worried about gas or insurance get a 4 cylinder toyota camry, its rated the safest car in america. Don't be one of those kids who buy the v6 mod it to look like a GT and think its fast just because you added cold air intake and exhaust.

12. coltstang123

coltstang123 New Member

ya thats pretty ^ much what id said too and the power difference between a v6 and a v8 are huge {depending on year} if u want a car that gets good gas and is fast get a srt-4 its the fastes car under 20k and its a i4

13. Flyboy 06

I refuse to own an import, especially japanese, but even euro. So the SRT-4 is out of the question, as is the camry. And I know I will always hear "its still a V6", but when im pullin 400 horse out of it, it will still be fun as hell. And I am not going to make it look like a GT, its not, and pretending it is lame. The fact still remains that a V6 is just a better car for stang fanatic, there was no reason to come on here and slam him and the car he wants.

14. Stangfanatic98

Stangfanatic98 Added 0.2L

Also take into account (even though at GT is a FULL second faster) there are many different factors that play into street racing vs. the track.

I am 18 years old. Do you guys have ANY idea how much insurance would cost for me ALONE? Upwards of $300. This isn't including my car payment, phone, gas, and other misc. expenses. ANY GT is out of the question for me.

Aside from costs, my parents refuse to sign a loan for a 'sports car'. Also, I'm not going to get my own insurance and loans where they jack my rates up and rape me 6 months from now after my 'killer deal' wears out. Let alone gas is SOARING with no signs of dropping.

I've test driven an 06' and frankly I'd be happy as hell with it. It'll get me through UTI and if I want to I can trade it in and pick something else up when I'm making a true salary. My goal in life is not to beat GT mustangs with a v6 pony package :disgust: So many immature fights come out of it..like this one and it's rediculous.

FYI. going from a 98' single port (mid-high 16 sec) to an 06' 15.3 1/4 with a 0-60 just under 7 sec (or so I have read?) is INCREDIBLE.

If you want to brag about how your almighty GT can take down a v6 why don't I just have my brother's 350Z assimilate you instead? Or if you have something faster than that, I'll have my friend's 11 second1970 Mach 1 decimate you. Want more? I have a second cousin with a 95' TT Supra. Not everything is a ***** war around here you know.. :rolleyes:

15. Flyboy 06

Sounds like you have thought this through and made the right decision. You should really like the car.

16. sanitarium16

sanitarium16 New Member

For the record the SRT-4 is not an import its a dodge.

17. Stangfanatic98

Stangfanatic98 Added 0.2L

:lol: :crazy::lol: <-- enough said.

18. Gash05

Gash05 New Member

Haha, NICE.

Good decision on the car. You'll love it. The aftermarket for the S197 v6's is one of the biggest around, and if you can't find something you're looking for, wait 2 weeks and I bet you'll find it hehe. Also, make sure you get all the little do-dad's and stuff while you're financing, like the IUP package, MyColor gauges and such. Also you need to check out www.40collective.com. It's the equivillant to 3.8mustang.com for 4.0 owners. The funny thing about the board is just about everyone is going to have a supercharger, turbocharger, or bottle of nitrous in their car before the summer is over, hehe.

19. sanitarium16

sanitarium16 New Member

:D

With that being said goodluck with the new car. GT or not im sure you will love it. :thumbup:

20. Flyboy 06

Hahaha, wow, I feel stupid. I know that too, I guess that I got confused between import and "domestic import". In that case, I ammend my previous statement to say I wont own import, 4 cylinder (2 is ok on a bike), or FWD. I think that covers it well enough.

Edit: Im on 4.0 collective, and it really is a great site. There are GT's on there, but as far as I know, only 05+ mustangs. Join up, it has helped me a lot, a lot more than this forum has. But that is understandable, this is 3.8, not 4.0.