Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Spark Plugs-One Step Colder

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Banditt76, May 29, 2018.

1. Banditt76

Banditt76 Member

I'm installing a Procharger onto my 2003 V6 Mustang and need to find spark plugs that are one step colder than stock to go along with the install. I've searched many sites and have not found a definitive answer on what I need to buy. Anybody out there that can help? Thanks in advance!

2. 6 Shooter

6 Shooter Well-Known Member

Install NGK BR7EF copper plugs gaped at .028. Around $2 each. These are actually 2 steps colder with less risk of cracking off the ceramics.

3. Banditt76

Banditt76 Member

Are you certain these will fit a 2003 V6 Mustang? The NGK website doesn't list it under the fitment section. Just want to be certain before I buy them.

4. douglass

douglass Active Member

I am using ngk TR-6 plugs in my 96 with an m90 blower with about 11lbs of boost. They work great.

5. 6 Shooter

6 Shooter Well-Known Member

6. Banditt76

Banditt76 Member

7. Banditt76

Banditt76 Member

I ended up buying Autolite Platinum AP104 plugs from O'Reillys for $3 each. These are one heat range colder according to their parts catalog.

8. douglass

douglass Active Member

If it was me I would return those and go with a copper plug or iridium with the blower set up. The copper and iridium plugs will conduct better, and the iridium will last longer than the copper. You could also try calling NGK tech support to see whay plug they would suggest. I have called them a couple times for suggestions. From what in was told the platnum plug does not conduct as well ,but will last longer than the copper.

9. Banditt76

Banditt76 Member

I'm gonna stick with these for now. I got the platinum over the copper for the longer life. This car is still going to be a daily driver vehicle for me. I could never find a definitive answer on which plugs would fit my car and be one step colder until I went to O'Reilly's and they looked it up for me.

10. Banditt76

Banditt76 Member

After about a year I decided to try the NGK BR7EF plugs. Nice that they are already pregapped at 0.028”. Considering my car is mostly a daily driver with about 10,000-12,000 miles/year, how often should I be changing them out?