Split Port Swap

96v6stang

lil mustang big heartbeat
frank is confused by people like this guy telling him this.......

Listen, you dont need to change anything else. Just buy a splitport LOWER intake, and that is all. Nothing else. Dont listen to anyone.

Ok? Everyone else doesnt know what they are talking about. Also, dont get information from people that have V8s like Eli. He doesnt know the V6 way of life. There is a HUGE difference between both the V8 and V6 other than 2 extra cylinders.

Just buy the lower intake, and that is all you need. Period.

frank, just read and follow the link i posted up at the top. period

96v6stang

lil mustang big heartbeat
he is a local. he is the one that sold frank the upper intake. i tried explaining to frank over pm that he needs the heads too. frank then relayed it to "john" and well john then replied what i have quoted.

i dont understand how this other guy can be saying that? he also has a v6 which he works on a lot from what i have heard. he is a member on here as "onebadsix"

or you can do that route i plan to do, order the split port swap from Super six motors ftw!

(and also i wouldnt mind haven new parts, and the right ones too!b :))

swbrown

Hey - just something to look at about the fuel rail ... I was at the wreckers a couple weeks ago and I was looking at winstars. A 96 winstar had the return type with the split port that had the connections for the fuel lines pointing to the back ( which if put on a mustang would point to the side in about the same location as a 94-98 ) I wasn't able to pull it but when I get a chance I will as I will need it in the spring. Further down the row was a 98 winstar and the fuel rail connections were pointing to the right side ( to the front on a mustang, which would not work )
If the 96 winstar fuel rail would work, it would make that part of the swap a lot simpler (could probably by it new if needed)

wblynch

I bought a supposed Windstar fuel rail and it looked great... but when I went to put the upper manifold on it will not fit at all.

Not only is the fuel rail too tall, the fuel pressure regulator in the front interferes with the upper manifold as well.

It seemed like a great idea.

Now, it could be that what I got wasn't a Windstar fuel rail at all. It could easily be an F150 fuel rail that the person who sold it to me thought was a Windstar.

But I'm back to square one, figuring how to make a fuel rail. Gotta dig up those old threads I guess..

taylor0987

Hey - just something to look at about the fuel rail ... I was at the wreckers a couple weeks ago and I was looking at winstars. A 96 winstar had the return type with the split port that had the connections for the fuel lines pointing to the back ( which if put on a mustang would point to the side in about the same location as a 94-98 ) I wasn't able to pull it but when I get a chance I will as I will need it in the spring. Further down the row was a 98 winstar and the fuel rail connections were pointing to the right side ( to the front on a mustang, which would not work )
If the 96 winstar fuel rail would work, it would make that part of the swap a lot simpler (could probably by it new if needed)
The problem with the Windstar/F150/E150 rails is that they hit the bottom of the Mustang upper intake. This can be resolved by using an intake spacer and/or bending the fuel rail.

3.8Mateo

Wild and Free bro
My fuel rail was from an f150, and I had to modify it just a bit. I basically just added longer fuel hosing so I could get just enoguh play to get it to sit properly.

Hambone101

But I want the cookie.
Last edited by a moderator:

wblynch

I followed the link you provided and have a question myself. I have a 2000 V6, would I have a single port or split port? The write-up makes me believe I have a split port but my dad was saying that it's a single port. So confused:uhh:

1999 through 2004 are split port engines.

mysteed

is back!
I followed the link you provided and have a question myself. I have a 2000 V6, would I have a single port or split port? The write-up makes me believe I have a split port but my dad was saying that it's a single port. So confused:uhh:
You have a splitport and you don't have IMRC's, which is awesome for FI.

johntheripper

"Frank" will probaly never get that car running again if he tries to take heads off himself. By the way he talks i doubt id trust him putting on a cai.