Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sport pedals

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by edhayden, Aug 9, 2014.

1. edhayden

edhayden New Member

I recently purchased sport pedal pads for my 2011 base Mustang V6. I bought them from a parts company that specializes in "new take off" parts. The clutch and brake pedal pads are what I expected. The gas pedal however is completely different. The back of the sport gas pedal pad has a plastic post with a screw. The base gas pedal pad on my car seems to be a permanent part of the accelerator assembly. There is no screw on the back of the base pedal.

I'm thinking that the sport pedal pads I bought were taken off a Mustang that came with the sport pedals as standard equipment. I think that if I could take off the base gas pedal pad I might be able to figure out a way to mount the sport pedal pad. Maybe by cutting off the plastic post and using a strong automotive adhesive (like 3M tape).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. getsidewayzdrift

getsidewayzdrift one- wheel peelin!

I would strongly advise against using 3M tape on something like your gas pedal, there's gotta be a way to fab something somehow to get it to become part of the whole assembly. I'm not familiar with that year so I can't really help you any further than that, sorry :p

3. Phil II

Phil II Cone Destroyer Staff Member

I'll second the recommendation AGAINST taping your accelerator pedal together.

Your best bet is to call your vendor and confirm your hunch, then acquire the matching parts.