Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

SSM Cams

Discussion in '2005-2010 V6 Mustang Tech' started by stevschm, May 1, 2015.

1. stevschm

stevschm New Member

SSM offers the Custom Reduced Base Circle 4.0 SOHC Cams for the 2005 V6 ... does anyone of you know if they have that lope sound ?

I also calculated the valve overlap for these cams (In:224; Out:232; SLA:116 => -4.00) which turned out to a negative Value ?!? As far as I understand is that there is no valve overlap ... so do they really lope ?

2. DreadFox

DreadFox Member

Stock regrinds aren't really worth it. And you wouldn't get any idle lope versus stock. Regrinds are done by welding material on the existing lobes and then machining down the lobe to produce the desired lift and duration, and this is why the base circle is reduced. The problem with regrinding is that you end up with a weaker lobe that can pit and wears more quickly while not gaining that much power across the band. Negative valve overlap is a thing, and it means that the valve overlap occurs when both valves closed at the beginning of the intake stroke to create greater vacuum before the intake valve begins to open. The idea is to improve cylinder filling on the intake stroke. I'd save that money and put it towards either nitrous or forced induction.